REGISTER NOW TO REMOVE ADS FOREVER

Search results

1. J

OEM 3UZ ECU TUNE/FLASH

Funny enough, 2 hours later Frank called me back and explained his situation... I'm going to give him the benefit of the doubt because he has a good reputation and he was very sincere on the phone. He's going to be in my neck of the woods in May and he's going to tune it in person then. I'll...
  2. J

OEM 3UZ ECU TUNE/FLASH

ChopsLS430, please post a review when you receive it. TTFS is a waste of time... I have so many calls/emails to them and Frank is completely unreachable. Question for George... Are you able to make all those transmission changes in the ECT PWR mode and leave the regular driving mode smooth...
  3. J

OEM 3UZ ECU TUNE/FLASH

I just got off the phone with Simon at RR-Racing, now he says they can't do anything with a SC430. I emailed OVtune to see if they offer anything. I'm still chasing Frank at TTFS, apparently he was sick recently and now he's trying to catchup. If I just bought one of those dimsport devices...
  4. J

OEM 3UZ ECU TUNE/FLASH

TTFS has been really hard to get ahold of... I'm emailing RR-Racing again to see if they offer remote tuning on a dyno. I really want a dyno tune if I can find a way to make that happen.
  5. J

OEM 3UZ ECU TUNE/FLASH

That's a good point about boosting. I've read you could probably do about 6psi since, as Zuffen mentioned, the 3uz rods are smaller than the 1uz rods. 6psi would still be a very significant performance increase compared to all our naturally aspirated options.
  6. J

OEM 3UZ ECU TUNE/FLASH

Update, I spoke further with Frank Smith @ TTFS and he's going to be on the West Coast in a couple weeks, I'm going to have him tune it on a dyno then. I'll post my results.
  7. J

OEM 3UZ ECU TUNE/FLASH

TTFS wrote me back, they do remote dyno sessions too: "All you need to do is setup a dyno and I can send the files to you and revisions when your on the dyno. " I'm going to look into doing this.
  8. J

OEM 3UZ ECU TUNE/FLASH

Dimsport US replied: "Hi Joe, We only provide the hardware and the software here at Dimsport, we do not actually provide any type of tuning, that would be done by a tuner/tuning shop and we aren’t involved in that part. The easiest thing for you to do would be to research tuners in your area...
  9. J

OEM 3UZ ECU TUNE/FLASH

I emailed TTFS and this is what they wrote: "Hey Joe, Yes we can tune the SC430 remote not problem. We offer a handheld flashing device for you to upload your tunes. You can use this link to purchase the tune. http://tuningtechfs.com/lexus-is-350-performance-tune-2005-2013/ Once the order...
  10. J

OEM 3UZ ECU TUNE/FLASH

Thanks for clarifying. I emailed Dimsport on Friday, waiting to hear back. I'm really hoping they tune the VVTI. From what I've seen on other engines, there's usually a lot of power to be gained there.
  11. J

OEM 3UZ ECU TUNE/FLASH

Will do! How do these tunes work? Do you go somewhere with a dyno and they custom tune it, or is it like a "chip" programming, where it's kind of a 1 size fits all map?
  12. J

OEM 3UZ ECU TUNE/FLASH

I contacted https://www.rr-racing.com to see if they could tune my SC430 and they wrote this:
  13. J

06+ Tundra Throttle Body Diameter

incase anyone ever wonders in the future.
  14. J

06+ Tundra Throttle Body Diameter

I'm in the process of hunting down a 06 Tundra (black plastic) manifold to swap onto my 06 sc430. I'm wondering if the Tundra TB is bigger and can be swapped along with the manifold. If it can I'll hunt down a manifold that still has the TB, if they're the same then I'll save some time/money...