Search results

1. N

92 sc400 cooling issues/fan speed

Viscous. Stock setup from an LS400.
  2. N

1UZ Twin Turbo Subaru WRX Swap

I'm abundantly familiar with TSS Fab, we used their front and rear subframes and rear control arms for the GC8 rally car that I crewed for for several years. Fantastic fabrication work. Same guy won't use them, some suspicion of copying someone elses design for rear knuckles. I don't know the...
  3. N

1UZ Twin Turbo Subaru WRX Swap

A very good friend of mine has a '98 Legacy with an "LS" V8, turbo and RWD that I've done quite a bit of wiring on (MS3X Goldbox to control the engine and 4L80E transmission and PiDash display integrated into "stock" power circuits, heat, lights etc.). Enormous amount of fabrication work, I...
  4. N

94 1uz into 95 240sx

https://techinfo.toyota.com/ Costs like $20 for a 3 day pass, download all the genuine Lexus/Toyota service manuals you can. Run the VIN on your engine to figure out the exact model of the donor.
  5. N

87 4Runner 1UZ swap, get comfy

My wife is pregnant, and due to complications hasn't been able to work since shortly after my last update. So my 4Runner has fallen off the priority list. It's been a real strain on our family, but she'll be better in March....so I'll get back to it.
  6. N

It's too late. 1990 LS400 drivetrain into 1983 Celica parts car

Absolutely, he mentioned centrifugal, so I assume it would be a more universal application with the stock manifolds, and building in shop class means we're not talking about labor/fabrication costs. $7500 is definitely a very low estimate.
  7. N

It's too late. 1990 LS400 drivetrain into 1983 Celica parts car

Certainly some very lofty goals. Doable, but frankly, unlikely. Have you priced this stuff out, yet? For the cams, supercharger, and supporting parts (ECU, fuel system, probably want to consider transmission modifications) I wouldn't be surprised if you're spending $7500 or more. I would...
  8. N

And a video about the modifications I did to bolt on a transfer case.
  9. N

Did some testing on a thermal exhaust coating to try on this setup. Next is to edit some video I took about lubricating that case adapter bearing.
  10. N

1uz-fe radiator with built in oil cooler connecting

Transmission cooler. I've never seen a radiator with anything else integrated into it. What radiator is it? What transmission are you running?
  11. N

I started taking pictures to try to describe what I was discovering (I'm sure not news to you, Kelvin, but anyone else that may be considering this swap), and decided to just take a video. I'll edit that a bit this week and posted. But I did decide to drill a 1/8" hole in the end of the output...
  12. N

Good to know, might just go that route, then. I was noticing that it looks like that bearing gets oiled from the shaft (I bought this transfer case loose, never had an A340F to compare). There's a little hole in the output shaft from the lexus, but I think it got covered up by the speed sensor...
  13. N

Shortened output shaft: 20190520_183021 by Numbchux, on Flickr Modded tone wheel: 20190520_182942 by Numbchux, on Flickr The set screws had a tapered end on them, but because of how tight the tolerances are, and how thin the metal is on that tone wheel, I ground the tip of the screws flat to...
  14. N

Valve body is back together and back in the transmission. Almost finished modding the transmission for the transfer case over the weekend. To find the point to drill for the 7th bolt, I sharpened a bolt to use as a center punch. 20190518_150655 by Numbchux, on Flickr 20190518_150703 by...
  15. N

Had an issue when I went to put the lock up valve in. The supplied part doesn't fit in the sleeve in my transmission. Well, I got an email back from Transgo: "Our TCC valve assembly will not fit that application. You will have to reuse the original or get a replacement from Toyota/Lexus...
  16. N

Transmission work. 4WD shift shaft. I used the VIN from the 4Runner that I got the shifter assembly at the junkyard to look this up: 20190513_174415 by Numbchux, on Flickr Remove the external linkage parts, loosen the nut on the neutral switch, the drill the dimple out of this thin collar, and...
  17. N

Another little update Paint... 2019-04-25_02-37-45 by Numbchux, on Flickr Transmission is off, pan is off, extension is off, rolled it on it's side so I can get at the valve body. I'm going to replace the manual shift shaft (so I can use the 4WD linkage on the other side), and install a...
  18. N

New Capacitors installed in the ECU last week, and test-ran the engine again on Friday. Also checked for "the most common wiring mistake", and passed. So now comes a bunch of parts ordering and a bit more teardown to really get things for a clean install.
  19. N

Last weekends progress:
  20. N

SC400 ECU wiring for conversion

It's certainly possible. I know on Subarus (where the engine and transmission have separate controllers), there is a wire specifically to tell the ECU to cut power a bit between shifts. I see in the Lexus manual, there is a 4th solenoid (beyond the 2 shift solenoids, and torque converter), that...