Silly but General Question about ECUs

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

JZH

I've been "preparing" for my particular swap for longer than I would have liked (thank you, Covid-19), but I still don't know how the engine's ECU and the vehicle's original ECU are supposed to work together (or not) after the conversion.

(My swap is a UK LS430 6-speed into a JDM 2013 Toyota Hiace turbo diesel.)

I'm planning to buy a running LS430 donor car, then strip what I need out of it and scrap the rest, so, I will have the entire uncut engine wiring harness and whatever else I need.

Ideally, after I finish installing the 3UZ I would be able to sell the original D4D and trans along with its ECU and whatever else is needed to run the engine, but I wonder if I would need any of that stuff to make the rest of the van run?

I'm sure everything will become obvious once I'm ankle-deep in various Toyota Corporation parts, but I'd still like to know a bit more in advance!

Ta,

JZH

I will comment on how I do it. When converting either a hilux or hiace from 2005-2015 (I have a 2014 hilux apart atm) to another engine I sell the engine, and keep the engine loom to cut up and I keep the stock ecu.

Thanks, Kelvin. It sounds slightly complicated! And not what I was hoping to hear.

By the way, are you any closer to writing up your late-Hiace conversion instructions?

Cheers,

JZH

Thanks, Kelvin. It sounds slightly complicated! And not what I was hoping to hear.

By the way, are you any closer to writing up your late-Hiace conversion instructions?

Cheers,

JZH

Its only complicated the first time. Once a good understanding of how it work is reached its pretty straightforward compaired to some of todays wiring jobs.

Been a tad busy lately to write instructions Im afraid.

Understood. Would it be worthwhile (for me!) to buy a copy of your early Hiace conversion instructions? I've got plenty of time to plan everything out...

Cheers,

JZH