Low-Mount Supercharger

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

Dave.pritchard....

I have a is200 with a 98 vvti and I'm looking to supercharging it but was looking to know has anyone fitted a low mount supercharger like where the a/c pump is. Not sure if a m90 will fit.

Or if anyone knows of a supercharger that small enough to fit and can put out enough air to get 5psi or more?

Last edited by a moderator:
An M90 will give you 5psi.

I don't see why it wouldn't fit down there but plumbing may be interesting, plus you have the heat of the exhaust to not improve things.

I know it sounds dumb but can you mount it in front of the engine facing the rear? This is not as silly as it sounds. jaguar did this with the alternator on XJS'. David Phan (Lextreme) who started this site did the same with his alternator as I think he may have mounted a Centrifugal supercharger where the alternator lived.

I had my alternator where the air co is at one stage.

Thanks for the reply
I don’t have that much room in my bay. But it’s something to look in to. Going to see if I can get a m90 cheep.think I know where there is a scrap jag that has a supercharger on it. Just not shere what one it has.

I don't think you'll get a high-enough-volume roots blower down there. I had an M62 for a previous project, and it was bigger than any modern A/C compressor I've seen, obviously an M90 is bigger still. At the very least, every M90 I've seen has had a long snout on it, that will push the blower back into the motor mount and exhaust.

Might be able to fit a centrifugal one there, though.

Modifying the snout is the least of your problems.

What you're looking at is a real test to your ability to think outside the box and make it happen.