1uz to r151 dellow kit

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.
Hmm where to begin. The cover plate originally sent was a defective recon part. Had it rebuilt and the only way to get it to disengage was to have the clutch pedal set really high. Then the release bearing failed, after speaking to dellow they sent me a different bearing part no. Installed the new bearing, after 500 miles it failed. It was also dimensionally smaller and to get disengagement I had to fit a larger master cylinder so I ended up with a 1-1 ratio with the slave cylinder. At this point dellow stopped talking to me. I’m now about to fit a Navarra cover plate and bearing and switch master cylinder back to the original to hopefully get a lighter pedal. I’m not convinced the flywheel has been machined correctly as the original cover plate fingers were sticking up a lot higher (not flat) like most clutches I’ve replaced.. and I’ve replaced hundreds over the years. To be honest I’m sick of the heavy clutch, the noise, notchy gear changes and jerky engagement. It’s completely ruining this conversion for me and dellow are happy to just take your money and run. Any advice would be greatly appreciated

Im interested in something other than the toyota transmissions out there are getting so thin
therefore does anyone know if there a T5 world class adapter or Bmw 5 speed adaptor
for the UZ like K Miata have for the Honda K series conversion? The bimmer box is bullet
proof once certain small sleeves and springs are replaced involved in the shifting.
They are had for 100-250aud at some wrecking yards

Does anyone know of any other options besides the R series?

making a transmission adaptor isn't rocket science.

I've made a few and I have very basic tools at home and no mechanical training.

My current 1UZ is connected to a Nissan Patrol transfer with an adaptor I made some 8 years ago.

Still going strong so have a hard think and you can work out how to do it.

The BMW swap hasn't been tried to my knowledge.

I found when trying to do things that Google turned up some interesting projects and solutions.

I agree in doing most of the work myself but seeing some home made adaptors with
issues that surfaced over time with worn engine main bearings, transmissions and basically
unseen vibration from not being perfectly centred has put me off that avenue.

Im not young anymore and googling things returns more garbage than we throw out weekly.
Searching the forums can be good and bad but I do prefer the days when people chipped in
with information or a link as its not that easy to find everything everytime.

I prefer forums with threads not touching Bookface or other social media selfie rubbish.
Online communities cannot be labelled that unless they are sites like this one.

If there is a T5 adaptor already out there it would save me time where I can spend it on things
like the engine build which is a hard choice between NA UZ or supercharged.

Hmm where to begin. The cover plate originally sent was a defective recon part. Had it rebuilt and the only way to get it to disengage was to have the clutch pedal set really high. Then the release bearing failed, after speaking to dellow they sent me a different bearing part no. Installed the new bearing, after 500 miles it failed. It was also dimensionally smaller and to get disengagement I had to fit a larger master cylinder so I ended up with a 1-1 ratio with the slave cylinder. At this point dellow stopped talking to me. I’m now about to fit a Navarra cover plate and bearing and switch master cylinder back to the original to hopefully get a lighter pedal. I’m not convinced the flywheel has been machined correctly as the original cover plate fingers were sticking up a lot higher (not flat) like most clutches I’ve replaced.. and I’ve replaced hundreds over the years. To be honest I’m sick of the heavy clutch, the noise, notchy gear changes and jerky engagement. It’s completely ruining this conversion for me and dellow are happy to just take your money and run. Any advice would be greatly appreciated
Hi there did you end up getting a clutch sorted? What did you have to do? I bought the same kit and it did the same thing so now I'm trying to sort a solution
Thanks
Tom