Zuffen's latest activity

• Zuffen
    I think you will find an LS is about the same as a 1UZ. I have an LS3 in one of my cars and I'm sorry to say it beats the 1UZ hands...
  • Zuffen
    Zuffen replied to the thread ECMs and Earths/Grounds.
    The factory uses quite a few engine based ground points. Do it just as the factory has and you shouldn't have any issues. These...
  • Zuffen
    Zuffen replied to the thread 1997 1uz-fe missing.
    What you suspect is an ignition problem could in fact be a dud injector or a fault on that side of things.
  • Zuffen
    Zuffen replied to the thread ECMs and Earths/Grounds.
    I'm not sure I would use a rivnut as a ground. I'd rather use a stud screwed into a captive welded nut or a nut and bolt. I'd also...
  • Zuffen
    Zuffen replied to the thread Exo Car.
    Here you go. https://www.lextreme.com/lexus-ls400-timing-belt-change/
  • Zuffen
    Zuffen replied to the thread V12 LS400.
    I would think purchasing a front cut from a Century would give you what you need to make it run. Wiring the Century ECUs into the LS...
  • Zuffen
    When the engine stops, does it still have fuel pressure. Crack a union to see if fuel squirts out. Normally these shut down the...
  • Zuffen
    Zuffen replied to the thread 1997 1uz-fe missing.
    Have you checked for continuity from the sensor to the ECU plus the shielding?
  • Zuffen
    When I first had my conversion running about 20 years ago I had a similar issue. I tracked it down the the fuel pump turning off as...
  • Zuffen
    Zuffen replied to the thread Ucf10 fuel rail on Ucf20 engine?.
    Regulator is before the outlet. The treaded hose is the inlet.
  • Zuffen
    Zuffen replied to the thread 1UZ into E36.
    I did a similar thing with the baffles around 15 years ago with my supercharged engine. I hope the bolts are holding on for the new owner.
  • Zuffen
    Depends where you live. Does it snow? If it doesn't drop below 10degreesC it should be OK without the cold start. It may not be happy...
  • Zuffen
    Zuffen replied to the thread cooling system questions.
    Interesting I use 13psi and looking at parts suppliers they also supply 13psi for an LS400.
  • Zuffen
    If I was doing the swap I would use the entire engine and transmission. Why have 3 gears when you can effectively have 4. Additionally...
  • Zuffen
    Zuffen replied to the thread Cooling system refill.
    If you fill the catch sank the coolant will only be drawn into the engine after the engine has heated and then cooled down. I fill it...