Recent content by VWTurbo66

1. V

MSD or After Market Ignition Upgrade

I've just finished re-wiring a lexus twin turbo with a Wolf 3d and MSD into a mates car. The MSD system is using a DIS4 which is firing 4 holden v6 coils (ignitor module removed). The distributors aren't used anymore. The MSD DIS4 is not directly compatible with the MSD so i made a small...
  2. V

Anyone running 4 coil waste spark on a 1uzfe yet?

I won't be putting it in the car for a little while yet. I've got to custom re-wire the back end of the car(where the ECU is), and Fatty's still got to move the fuel cell, transmission cooler, and fit a remote oil cooler. Once all thats done I can wire it all up perminant and it should work a...
  3. V

Thanks for the info. Knowing the firing order was the only blank I needed filled out. I shouldn't have any issues wiring the MSD as I'm familiar with installing these when connected to WOLF ecu's. Cheers, Ian
  4. V

The latest news on Anthony's Twin Turbo 1uzfe

Sorry i've been away off the forum for quite a while... I'll be doing an ignition upgrade on the car soon. MSD DIS 4, 4 coil linked to the Wolf 3D V4. I'll be happy to share some maps etc. I'll be taking a bunch of new photo's of the car now that the engine and running gear is in a VN, and...
  5. V

Standalone ECU Stand Alone (Part II)

I'd recommend a WOLF 3D V4. The ONLY part you will have a little trouble setting up is the crank and cam triggering, and there is enough of these combinations working around that between users on the forum you will get things all nutted. After you've got it running, you'll have twice the MAP...
  6. V

Hi All, I'm about to install an MSD DIS4 with 4 x dual output coils onto a 1UZFE soon, but need to know which cylinders to pair up. Has anyone done this before, or am I about to do some trail-blazing? Cheers, Ian Swinkels
  7. V

1UZFE wiring diagrams... where did they go?

You da man! Thanks for that.
  8. V

1UZFE wiring diagrams... where did they go?

Hi Lex, I can't seem to locate the PDF files of the 1uzfe diagrams for the SC400 on the website anymore. The link refers to http://www.lextreme.com/misc.html I recall there being a whole bunch of downloadable PDF files that are very useful. Can you please email me the PDF file for the...
  9. V

Tell me your email address and i'll email you the map directly. Also, your private message box on the forum is full and you can't receive new messages anymore... you might want to look into that.
  10. V

Be VERY careful with running a map from someone elses car... There is a lot of things to consider. In all likelyhood it might allow the engine to start, but be careful that its not running lean. This particular tune was running 45psi idle fuel pressure (at vacuum) and close on 60 something...
  11. V

Whats an M&W? Got a link? Personally I like the idea of running 4 coil waste spark with nice strong MSD sparks. From the "Don't use MSD" i'm guessing you had a bad experience? I've never run an MSD on a 1uzfe, but I have seen them on RB30DET's, Holden v8's and I have one on my vw...
  12. V

More info... I've attached a few files. Pictures of the fuel and igniton maps, plus the ECU config file for the WOLF 3D V4 ecu. You can download the ECU software from WOLF and view the config file offline. The load graph from 0 - 107% indicates the range from -14.7lb to 20lb of the internal...
  13. V

Well yes the car is still around but its changing form a little. First up, the diff has been removed in favour of installation of a shortened 9" F100 diff, and the rear suspension is being upgraded to a 4 link system. The spool center of the old borg warner diff was on the verge of breaking...
  14. V

Subaru Air to Water Intercoolers, Anyone cut one up?

I'm afraid I don't have a pic of a subaru water-air intercooler anymore... but as for the SR20 S14/S15 intercoolers, you could probably find a pic on ebay easily.
  15. V

Subaru Air to Water Intercoolers, Anyone cut one up?

I was going to mod a scoobydoo intercooler at once stage, but they are a wierd shape and I couldn't get it to fit inside the engine bay properly. I went for a pwr instead. I reckon the best option for a boat (if thats what its going into), would be to score a couple of Nissan S14 or S15...