Recent content by V883

1. V

New LS400 Owner ('96)

Keep us informed. If you see any wheels you want photoshoped on let me know and I'll be glad to oblige.
  2. V

New LS400 Owner ('96)

I just can't stop myself. Please forgive me...
  3. V

New LS400 Owner ('96)

Love simple photoshop lowering so I thought I'd give you a taste of what your car might look like with a bit of lowering and a nice set of (randomly chosen) wheels. P.S. [off topic] I think car guys would make excellent options traders because they have specific goals (e.g. wheels...
  4. V

Supercharged Cressida - take 5

Thanks. Next car is likely to be a 32 5 window or a 38 Chevy coupe. I'm a hot rodder at heart and it's time I got back to that ultimate dream. I'm really glad that I got to meet some excellent people on this forum though. You guys are an example of how helpful forums can really be and the power...
  5. V

Sold. Thanks for all your support Lextremers. I hope that I have provided some interesting posts and I believe my experiences have been educational and have added to the knowledge pool on this excellent website. I'm sure I would have been worse off it wasn't for you all. Thanks again.
  6. V

Re-listed with a MUCH lower reserve. Or, for $11,000 you can own this car right now. That is an absolute bargain and doesn't even come close to paying for the parts let alone the finished product.
  7. V

96 LS400 Suspension Upgrade - How To?

Thanks. I agree. The whee;s could have been in better condition (some of the paint is blistering and there is some weird surface damage so they'll need a re-paint one day but I like having factory optionable wheels - keeps it all Lexus. I decided to buy some H&S 1 inch lowered springs from...
  8. V

They look pretty cool. Aussie authorities are worried we will put too much stress on the bearings. However the fun never stops with me and cars. I took my car down to get the registration changed over and they refused to pass my car because it was too low. It seems that the springs were...
  9. V

Spacers aren't allowed in this part of the planet but I never noticed the gap until you mentioned it. I'll have to look at it all day today with your suggestion on my mind. Next, it's off to the exhaust shop for some tones. Apparently if the rear muffler is replaced with a high flow you can...
  10. V

That's ok Justin, I appreciate you starting the bidding. The reserve is a fair bit lower than the buy now which is there in case the next owner is looking for a car exactly like this. Competition is relative to what grabs people's attention so we'll see. If it doesn't sell I'd be more than happy...
  11. V

Now on ebay... http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&Item=320235497141&Category=35227&_trksid=p3907.m29
  12. V

Ok, not one to muck around dilly dallying I ended up getting the stock springs reset at the local spring maker (they went too low 40mm [1 3/4"] instead of 25mm [1 inch] as I asked). They decided on KYB inserts. I asked for harder sway bar bushes but they said that none existed (just like no...
  13. V

yep, I'll try them on Monday.
  14. V

Supercharged stock '96 LS400?

I am under no such delusion - please rest assured. I am asking only a few thousand more than I paid for the car and I've pured well over 15k worth of improvements which the new owner will get for nearly nothing. The original owner put over 35k into it during the original build and I have put in...
  15. V

I agree Lex, she's clean as a whistle. It will look better with the larger wheels and a bit of lowering. Don't want to come down very much so I can still drive in all conditions but an inch I think will do it nicely. The diameter of the tyres are the same (1mm over) so the gap will still remain...