Recent content by twistedmetal

1. T

1985 rx7 1uz turbo

well i havent sensed much life here on lextreme so i stopped logging in regularly, check out my thread over at RCC it has more up to date posts pics etc. http://rotarycarclub.com/rotary_forum/showthread.php?t=16210
  2. T

1985 rx7 1uz turbo

rolled it out on its wheels for the first time in a long time and gave it a much deserved bath, i think the corvette is jealous of the attention....
  3. T

1985 rx7 1uz turbo

that is a pretty engine, but odd as it may sound there is no room to do that in the gen1 there lacks about 3-4 inches forward and up to do any kind of standard install, and no amount of cutting will earn you that, there simply is not enough car. the drivers turbo had to go forward and down so...
  4. T

1985 rx7 1uz turbo

thank you, if you know of anyone in NZ with a TT 1uz in one of these i would love to see how they did it to compare...its tight man...
  5. T

1985 rx7 1uz turbo

in short this is where its at now, about to begin electrical
  6. T

1985 rx7 1uz turbo

this is all the intercooler i can realistically fit without cutting up my chassis, plus wont need anything bigger really, its going to be on pump gas boost levels and i have water injection also had to make an oil re-routing block to eliminate the stock filter housing since it does not fit...
  7. T

1985 rx7 1uz turbo

still waiting on parts to continue, as well as do the welding on the compressor housing mod and charge plumbing...stay tuned....
  8. T

1985 rx7 1uz turbo

i still have to find a spark plug wire solution, meaning i need a wire that can fit down the tube and be custom length to go to my coil packs with GM HEI terminals on them, im thinking i might just use regular straight boot custom wire set and make or if possible buy a set of plug wire pliers...
  9. T

1985 rx7 1uz turbo

just some progress pics, still plodding away
  10. T

1985 rx7 1uz turbo

progress update, headers are fabbed and turbos hung in place to begin plumbing down pipes and intake piping, intake is bolted down now, just have to finish the throttle body and install it. ill probably end up using a free standing IAC unit with a GM motor and billet housing so i can put it...
  11. T

1985 rx7 1uz turbo

engine is back in the car now, doing the finish work on the intake and water cross overs in car, working on an oil distribution block at work to run to the filters and cooler and clear the steering rack. oil pan is level with the Xmember now as is the trans adapter so once its all done the...
  12. T

1985 rx7 1uz turbo

got my alternator belt in and sorted out today, works nicely, have to finish putting valve covers on and pressure wash the transmission and add new fluid and it should be going in the car as a unit very soon, maybe within this week, i will finish the intake stuff with the engine in the car, i...
  13. T

1985 rx7 1uz turbo

here is the new tensioner set up, i managed to get a 29.5" 3 rib belt to fit the set up, and i have on order a 6 rib which i dont have yet for pics, but it seems to work ok, i could have put a little more arc towards the tension side but im not sweating it, it will work nicely, considering i...
  14. T

1985 rx7 1uz turbo

yeah buddy...add turbo and a heavy right food and watch what little reliability they had go completely out the window, that said, I am going from an engine with zero low end torque and fictitious longevity to an engine with gobs of low end and uber reliability, marred only by the addition of...