Recent content by tuning haus

1. T

Parts 1UZ > T56 Adaptor Plates

what kind of clutch would we need to get this thing to work? what else do we need? a slave cyl, master cyl, any clutch fork, clutch items? what flywheel works with this? i don't know of any T56 manual trans swap on an SC400...?
  2. T

Parts Adaptronics stand alone ECU with 10lb & 15lb maps for SC400

So this wouldn't work for a 98 vvti 1uz?
  3. T

Rear Mounted Turbo!?

Thanx for the details... So on a standard 4.0 liter 1uz motor, what's size piping at the header pipes and also on the exhaust piping would u recommend going to the back? Also what size intercooler piping coming back up front? On a 600-700whp set up
  4. T

R154- vvti 1uz swap (factory ecu ok?)

If I were to do a manual swap on my vvti 1uz on a factory engine harness, would it drive ok? Would it throw any codes because the stock auto transmission was deleted? How about for non vvti motors/ecu's?
  5. T

Parts 1UZ engine/gearbox

what gear box are you talking about? is this factory stock motor and auto tranny?
  6. T

uzz32 (in the states)

Yup uzz32 is the limited one that has the electronically controlled hydropneumatic suspension!! The best handling soared hands down!! Big in Australia but more in England I think... They only made 750 or so of them. It was 4ws also.. Meaning the back wheels turn also. The baddest of bad...
  7. T

Rear Mounted Turbo!?

also if we were to do a rear mounted turbo set up... will having headers help (if so long or short tube)? or it wouldn't make too much of a difference..?
  8. T

Rear Mounted Turbo!?

obviously turbo/s are better efficient closer to the engine... but the big problem with v8's and 1uz's in the soarer is that there aren't too much space to mount/place the turbo/s!! as much as people place the turbos in front of the motor (between the radiator) i don't really like that set...
  9. T

a/f ratio (WOT, cruise, idle)

what are safe/normal A/F ratios for our 1uz-fe's (non boosted AND boosted)? at: idle cruise wide open throttle thanks for any all help! where would you put the wideband sensor? since it's a v8 would i need to buy 2 wideband sensors and place them close as possible to the headers? just...
  10. T

Piggyback ECU HKS super AFR on 1uz-fe

can you splice a HKS super AFR (fuel tuner) into the 1uz-fe? just curious, does anyone have the wiring diagram/ECU pin for the 1uz-fe? are there any difference between the VVTi years vs. non VVTi ECU/wiring harness? thanks for any/all help!
  11. T

uzz32 (in the states)

hi are there any uzz32's in the states??? are they legal and can it be smogged and registered here? it'd be really cool to be able to test handle a uzz32 vs. a normal soarer...
  12. T

Rear Mounted Turbo!?

yeah the STS guys seemed to be working it okay. i knew a camaro SS that had a rear mounted turbo set up and his car was running good. i heard that it can cause possibly a 300-500 rpm lag vs. turbo kits/systems that run closer to the engine bay. but with these 1uz-fe's there really aren't...
  13. T

turbo: vvti or non?

bolting on a single turbo, what would be a better appliation to go with? vvti or non? how much can each motor support bone stock? anyone think of running an HKS T51r SPL or KAI with the 1uz'fe's?
  14. T

VVTi Vs Non VVTi

are vvti motors as "strong" as non vvti 1uz's? 4000gt's motor is a vvti or non? i think he has a gt45 (i dont know mm?) single turbo boosting 16psi on a bone stock 1uz-fe (making 490whp?) just curious what the vvti's limits were and which one would be a better application for mods...?
  15. T

vvti head vs. non vvti head (cams questions)

do you know if the normal 2jz-gte aftermarket cams would fit and work okay with the 2jz-ge (vvti- coil packs) head? i know the 2jz-gte cams would work on the 2jz-ge head (non vvti) perfectly fine... curious if you can convert the non turbo (distributor) 2jz-ge head to a coil pack (like the...