Recent content by Toy Snake

1. Toy Snake

Progress on 1UZFE > RA65 swap

IMO, 1UZFE is the way to go if you have the resources to do the swap. It is up there on the difficulty scale alone as a straight swap and gets even more difficult with ECU change and manual tranny conversion.
  2. Toy Snake

IMO, 1UZFE is the way to go if you have the resources to do the swap. It is up there on the difficulty scale alone as a straight swap and gets even more difficult with ECU change and manual tranny conversion.
  3. Toy Snake

I want to see progress too! LOL! I know Gary has a very busy schedule and has a life...... IMO, if smog inspection is not an issue, go for the LC race engine (I sense you would prefer a plug and play solution). The turbo 4 cyl. 22RTE is an easier fit but you say nothing about wiring harness...
  4. Toy Snake

That would be a perfect time to U-Haul her back on a dolly......You can make it back by Sunday if you leave Chicago Friday. One way PU truck with a dolly can't be too bad and more importantly save you at least one more trip back in the future.
  5. Toy Snake

Seller Feedback Mandrel Bends

Oops. This should have been in the "Feedback" section. I really was not looking to create a tech discussion thread about my exhaust. Sorry out that noob mistake!
  6. Toy Snake

Seller Feedback Mandrel Bends

Hi All, Just providing some positive feedback on Racing Solutions who has a banner on this site. Nice quality product with long stubs and reasonably priced. Much cheaper than Summit or JC Whitney. I'm putting together a dual 2 1/2" SS cat back on my Celica over the live axle which will require...
  7. Toy Snake

1UZ into a '75 Corolla

I have been getting intimate with exploring adapting other suspensions to my Celica and the track and geometry problems (.....and I've got a Z31 turbo t-shirt to prove it.....:-) ). 12" was my guess as the difference in track in your case and that might push your upper control arm pivots within...
  8. Toy Snake

1UZ into a '75 Corolla

Looks like a great project.....and doable! How much are you cutting out of the track width and can you run FWD offset wheels to make up some of the clearance needs of the Corolla chassis width? I really like the project and the fact that you skate past emissions by grandfathering out with a '75.
  9. Toy Snake

Supra Vs SC400

Most independent rears are designed to change camber to negative as it is loaded for better cornering. You lose some tire contact patch on launching in a straight line because the tires pitch out during the weight transfer as it squats.
  10. Toy Snake

Chevy SBC Physical Dimension Vs. 1UZ

The Taurus/Yamaha 60 deg. SHO V8 is an exception and not the point. My mistake created the subject change. Sorry to steer the subject off track of big displacement American V8's. JBrady was pointing out the flaw in my statement about MOST V8's being 60 deg. No excuses acceptable for my...
  11. Toy Snake

Good catch JBrady. I got so caught up with push rod motors being externally balanced V8's that I forgot they were not 90 deg. and did not check. I'll back pedal and say large head DOHC engines with wide valve angles create a problem as compared to push rod V8's. With FE being narrower than...
  12. Toy Snake

A 60 deg. V8 pushrod motor will offer much better width clearance for displacement growth as compared to a 90 deg. DOHC. Apples and oranges as far as comparisons goes IMO. Al K. SoCal USA '80 Celica 32v Cobra Transplant Project http://mysite.verizon.net/respa4eb/1980celicacobraproject
  13. Toy Snake

Awesome Gary! Congrat's! It looks like a nice fit. That was an incredible amount of work to sort out in a few days. I like the cat placement for weight and packaging. Hopefully that will fly with the Smog Nazi's. I need to get busy now! Regards, Al K.