Recent content by tnt76

1. T

Standalone ECU Nice Stand Alone for 2001 2UZFE?

If it helps, I have my 2UZ running on a Link G4 extreme with no problems at all, albeit as a piggyback to the factory ecu that still controls the throttle (fly by wire), trans and body control stuff. However I would have no issues running it as a standalone. Mine is in an LX470 4x4 so I wanted...
  2. T

Injector selection help

The seimens 60lb have worked well for me on the LSx motors running 60psi fuel pressure. Some guys have use these successfully on std LSx motors with turbo's, with reportedly good idle manners.
  3. T

Piggyback ECU Lexus/Landcruiser 2UZ-FE with Link G4

Sorted it this evening with the non temp An-Inputs as suggested, Worked a treat. Thanks alot. Wish there was a "like" button!! Also hooked up the injectors, so I'm fully wired now. Started tuning fuel with a bit of manual editing to get in the ballpark and then went for a drive with the...
  4. T

ok, figured out the 1000mv thing. It was the settings in the Link ecu going to a default setting if the input was below .05v. I had zero'd out all those but settings but must not have stored to ecu, all good there. However, I had no luck with the ECT sharing. I'm am be no means an electrician...
  5. T

Ok, thanks for the heads up on the ECT, I tried sharing IAT while monitoring it on the scanner, temp before was 31deg, hooked into signal and it dropped to 9 on the scanner and the Link guage went to 30deg, so assumed couldn't share temps, I didn't try ECT, but am off to have a crack now...
  6. T

Hi all, I've spent the last week on and off wiring in a Link G4 extreme ecu as a piggyback into my Lexus LX470 (Landcruiser) 4x4. I'm all done but for tapping in a new ECT sensor in somewhere. I went piggyback so that I could retain the stability control, traction and trans etc, that the link...
  7. T

Stock fuel curve of a 09/96 1uz

Just wanted to add to this thread with a related std 2uzfe fuel curve. http://i245.photobucket.com/albums/gg78/tnt76/Std-2uzfe.jpg There is no RPM trace but you can clearly see the trend from around 2000 to 5000 ish First 2 seconds are idle in gear then mashed through 4 gears (auto)
  8. T

Obd2

Fastegg, I have made a couple of assumptions and I hope you dont take this the wrong way, but I think you need to study the whole EFI structure, including the ignition mapping side of both factory and aftermarket setups. For example, the ignition timing advance in an ECU controlled vehicle are...
  9. T

Stock fuel curve of a 09/96 1uz

Things look alright until 3000 and turns south the further you rev. Part throttle looks good though.
  10. T

Obd2

Sorry, I meant how much timing advance does it run at cruise rpm? Advancing the timing to suit the fuel you are running can be fairly beneficial to your economy goals, along with some leaner mixtures. Ls1's in the commodores can run up to 17:1 and 40+ deg advance(factory setting) when in "lean...
  11. T

Obd2

What sort of timing do these things run at cruise? Timing will help out with your economy around your cruise speeds.