Recent content by thjakits

1. T

LS400 original rims

Hi Sniper, thanx for the data! Now, just to make sure: Somewhere I read that the offset was not the same on all LS400 with R16 rims. Probably I have this wrong, but what I believe to have read is 95-97 has the +45 offset, then 98-00 was less..... Why this would be, I have no idea as...
  2. T

LS400 original rims

Hi all, it seems I cannot find that simple data - if you got it, please advise! I am looking for the BackSpace and Offset of the original 1998-2000 Lexus LS400 R16x7 rim ..... Thanx! thjakits:cool:
  3. T

rim sizes fit??

Hi all, probably this was discussed before - I just don't find it....:confused: Which OEM rims fit to which cars (Lexus)? E.g. I know the R17 OE rims from a 3rd gen GS fit on a '98 LS400... On ebay I see loads of 18R LS460 rims with bolt circles of 120 and 120.65 mm (already not...
  4. T

Searching "The ONE"

Hi all, hoping that you guys/gals can give me a head start on my Search for "the ONE"! :D I am looking for the "pristine - well maintained & loved - pride&joy" one. :rolleyes: The price is not sooo much a factor ..... I am located in a country with a non-existing used-Lexus market...
  5. T

Another prospective LEx - '03 LS430!!

Here is the story: Car is in Panama, and has mostly spent its past life in the city - lots of rash to proof it and tires are about gone too. The little things, I really don't know why - coin tray clip not working?? Roof tray lock not engaging properly, et... The car is advertised at...
  6. T

Another prospective LEx - '03 LS430!!

Hi all, I ran into a 2003 LS430 with 15600 miles - :D Downside: - mainly city driven - lots of street rash - lots of little things: -Steering wheel column does not move up/down -Con tray onthe left does not close -Garage door opener tray on the roof does not close...
  7. T

How to clean up a "smoker"-lex?

Hi all, for the non-smokers amongst you: How do you or did you clean up a "smoker" car? Even if the PO did not smoke much in the car, for a non-smoker the smell is there the same. Any ideas, suggestions, experience how to clean up a SMOKER? Thanx, thjakits :cool:
  8. T

What's my prospective 98 LS400 worth?

Hi John, thanx for the clarification! Factory "dent" then ..... So the prospective 98 is still in the race! :) Though some of the dents will have to get the price down a little more .... Any news about ss-headers? thjakits :cool:
  9. T

Okay guys, I really would appreciate if one of you would do me the favor and have a look underneath your LS400 to see if there is a dent/"free space" like in the picture. Sometimes underbodies look weird from factory for even weirder reasons. This one should be just underneath the left...
  10. T

Guys, on the SGS report I received a few pics of the prospective car. One shows the left front underbody/sill area: There is what looks like a huge dent, I rather believe it is actually built like that, but why don't you guys do me a favor, get out to your mistress and hav a closer...
  11. T

Actually KBB is EXACTLY what the customs guys go by! (And then slap shipping cost on top to charge import tax!!) Well, got more feedback from the SGS inspector. Dents are not as bad as seen in the photos - lots of reflections from surroundings are giving a wrong impression. Never the less...
  12. T

Hi all, I am in the process to check out a 98 LS400. It was presented as "pristine". An SGS inspection revealed "less than pristine" - specifically quite a few dents, stained floor carpet, a cigarette burn, etc. The car seems mechanically okay. I agreed on a (what I would call)...
  13. T

SS Headers Closed?

I have a email off to them 2 days ago, concerning the Lexus SS headers - non answer yet. Then 2 days is not a lot for a (hopefully) busy company. After reading your post I called them too and on both numbers (website) the same recording - out of service.... Not good :( I was...
  14. T

S&S Headers on 1998-2000 LS400

Hi all! JBrady: a) 98-00 LS400: The header seems AWFULLY close to the steering components! Keeping the cat in this position doesn't look right at all - see the PS-lines? (I thought about the same - bolt the cat to the header as is and fix the fit with the y-pipe. .....change of plans!)...
  15. T

Acetone .....

Hi all, is anyone using acetone as a fuel additive - general concentration around 2 oz per 10 gallons of gasoline? Cheers, thjakits :cool: