Recent content by stevieg

1. S

Parts Cast alloy rear drop sumps

He's asking what grade of aluminum was used for the casting as there are many
  2. S

'72 RA21 Coupe, 1uzfe and Single Turbo

Got the frame rails and mounts in Shocks, watts link, and some reinforcement braces tacked on Added a couple cross braces Couple more bars to add, then burn all the tubes in with the TIG, and then start adding some sheet metal to close it all in
  3. S

Well I figured it was time to finally make this thing capable of putting all that power to the ground Out comes the scabbed together 8" axle, this things been through the wringer a few times, tearing link mounts in half multiple times LOL Cleaned it down to the bare housing...
  4. S

Those numbers are a 100% unopened high mileage stock 1994 ls400 engine. Only thing I did was clean it up and paint the valve covers. Stock cam's, headgaskets, bolts etc
  5. S

A few reasons, primarily for the better airflow into the radiator but also aesthetic cause the Intercooler was just way to huge and ugly sticking out front. Now I can run a stock grill setup and it looks way cleaner now
  6. S

That 690whp was at 16psi of boost, I haven't really checked IAT's as a comparison but on four dyno pulls within 15minutes, the last run started at approx 15degreesF over ambient and only climbed about 6degreesF, that's with no fan on the car from the dyno. The actual Intercooler cores are the...
  7. S

a nice little 3rd gear burnout video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n_kqIToPc1k
  8. S

lots of changes this year all new front framerails, new turbo locations, new manifolds/downpipes, intercoolers, radiator etc this pic was with the single front mount intercooler twin sidemounts now 100% stock unopened early engine(forged engine is getting some upgrades)
  9. S

1uz soarer cold start

and its the #2 in the pic, the #3 is for the gauge cluster, #2 is the cold start switch
  10. S

1uz soarer cold start

brown temp sensor is for cold start circuit, cold start injector is on the underside of the intake manifold
  11. S

Single Turbo 1UZ MKII Supra Project

actually for myself I would love it if there was a single overdrive 6spd that could handle the torque like a t56 magnum does. My car loves when I run a 3.42 rear end in it cause its light and it helps the turbo spool harder but a 0.63 6th gear overdrive means i'm turning <1900rpm@65mph and that...
  12. S

Transmission is all fixed up, the counter shaft that Tremec said there was nothing wrong with decided to start cracking and one of the teeth broke and bent an input shaft tooth. So $1000usd in parts later (zero warranty from Tremec) I rebuilt the trans myself. Not even 200km since it came back...
  13. S

Twin turbo UZ ST185

Looks good dude and I hear you on the pulling crap apart over and over. This week alone I've pulled apart, disassembled, reassembled and reinstalled my t56 magnum 4 times and still haven't fixed all the damage. Trans was Defective since day1 and last week the countershaft 4th gear finally broke...
  14. S

Our big weekend car show was this weekend The mustang behind is my weekend cruiser
  15. S

Nah don't worry guys nothing I did or didn't do broke this transmission, I've known there's been something wrong with this transmission but Tremec refused to do anything about it other than blame it on an installation problem. Legitimately it sounded like rocks in a blender after about 50-100km...