Recent content by steveblade_uk

1. S

R154 to 1uz-fe adapter plate

If you were that set on having the shoulder you could just get a ring turned on a lathe and then fix it to the front of the adapter by your favourite method.
  2. S

Ed, Ive got every confidance matey. Im going to go to a different profile cutter though. Water jet seems to be the way to go. My Bro just got some more parts back from the laser cutter. Good enough for what there were ( inlet manifold standoff) but not for this.
  3. S

Im planning on making a blanking plate for the front of my 1uz bell (engine side). Finding the exact centre is no problem agreed? Then with adapter bolted to the r154 I can offer it up and check fittment. If there is any mismatch Ill centre the transmission input shaft sleave (the part the...
  4. S

1uz bellhousing is 40mm shorter than the r154 from the supra so this not a problem. You could put the gearbox the same distance from the motor or closer if you want. Just have the adapter cut from whatever thickness stock suits your needs. Ill be going 40mm so the spigot sits in the crank...
  5. S

Ive got a picture of the 1uz with acurate dimensions shown somewhere, Ill post it or pm it later when I get backfrom work.
  6. S

Ive been in touch with Ed ma16, I will be getting one cut very soon. Ill post up pictures when its done Ed . Anyone who wants one should speak to Ed direct as he has put all the hard work in. A small donation is all he asks. Indyman this adapter goes between a 1uz bellhousing and an R154...
  7. S

Now that looks the bizz! ed_ma61 is it posible to get a file I could give to the dude at the laser cutters? Or will I have to take the dimensions from my transmission and bellhousing ?
  8. S

Calculate bhp?

Ive got a gtech which can calculate bhp if you input weight, but I did a few 0 to 60 runs before I had weighed the car. At 1520kg its a LOT heavier than I thought! Thats with my butt onboard as well though. I just wanted to work it out for myself without abusing the clutch anymore as this is my...
  9. S

Calculate bhp?

Anyone who is sh** hot at physics might know this. IS it possible to calculate bhp from a 0 to 60mph time if you also know vehical weight, ignoring drag etc.?? Im sure it is but hey, its been years since I was at school!
  10. S

The above post is assuming the flywheel has the same offset as the original. Im not the only one who want to get the r145 to 1uz bellhousing adapter sorted. When I do Im going to get a small batch laser cut, between 5 and 10 and pass them on. If they cant cut 40mm then it could be made as two...
  11. S

How do...

Start saving cus it wont be cheap but it WILL be worth it!
  12. S

need help with bellhousing ?

Snake Charmer, thanks for the link, VERY USEFULL! Nice 1:beerchug:
  13. S

1uz to r145 I just quickly checked with a steel rule, the 1uz bellhousing is 40mm shorter than the one that was on my r154. So it stands to reason the adapter should be 40mm thick. Thats quite a chunk. Getting the centre line spot on is the trick I guess.
  14. S

CAMS QUESTION

Anyone done some cam swaps with dyno before and afters? What cam profiles are out there in use on NA engines? How much gain in hp? Basicaly is it worth it? I hear good gains can be had by replacing the exhaust cams only. Is this the case?
  15. S

Question Valve stem seals

Here near the bottom of the page on the right. http://parts.lextreme.com/mechanical.html