Recent content by Schnitzel26

1. S

1UZ-FE problems in a Cobra.

Thanks so much for that, I tested it once again per your suggestion, and nothing worked. We are convinced the ECU is U/S so now on the hunt for a replacement. I think this particular case is one where there have been too many cooks in the kitchen, all with different ideas and dodgy work. Cheers.
  2. S

Hi again. This car has been sitting at the mechanic for a year now! The mechanic (Wayne) tells me EVERY sensor has been either tested or replaced, but I have my doubts. The ECU was apparently sent to some place on the mainland called Jet Tech or similar, and supposed to have been tested as OK...
  3. S

Thanks again, guys. As an electronics tech, and not an auto electrician, I have replaced ALL the caps in the ECU, and the fusible resistor going to the relevant CEL output pin was open circuit. I checked again today having opened up the ECU and plugging it into the vehicle, and once again...
  4. S

Thanks for the reply. I understand your reluctance to sell second hand. I always told my customers that I can do a cheaper repair with used parts but no warranty. What sort of money would we be looking at? Also, shouldn't the MIL output from ours work? Someone has removed the wire from the...
  5. S

Hi again, I actually did watch the video, but as the car has been running for some time and this problem has just popped up, it didn't really help with the problem but I still found it highly educational. The mechanic wonders if you would have a known, good working ECM lying around for sale. I...
  6. S

Thanks again, I'll try that, great help.
  7. S

I used a service manual I downloaded, but the pin-outs on the ECU are slightly different. There is a static test of resistance you can do for the AFM as well as a voltage test using an oscilloscope, which I have also tried and it appears fine. I have attached the relevant pages. I am in...
  8. S

Would anyone know how reliable these ECU's are? Also, are they prone to sudden failure as in this case, and would it be possible to replace it with a known good one. I am told that the foreign ECU's that are available are differently wired, and the connectors don't fit. Everything seems to be...
  9. S

I have found a little more info. The motor is out of a 1990 Crown apparently, and I have a print-out of the ECU connections. The engine check lamp output is not connected and appears this is meant to be. Most of the plugs on the 22 pin connector are either cut off or not used. The ECU has...
  10. S

Thanks Gloverman, you would think so, wouldn't you? I have spent a whole day rewiring some very dodgy joins. I'm hoping today to wire in the MIL and the diagnostic port myself, but because this is a conversion into a kit car, everything is all over the shop and very hard to get at. I'll keep...
  11. S

Thanks again. I also suspected the AFM, and I asked Wayne (the mechanic) and he said it had been tested, but it has a small crack in the top which I don't like. The voltages are there, but the manual I downloaded shows the AFM as having three wires, and the one fitted to the car has five. I...
  12. S

I'll need to check with the mechanic as to whether or not he has checked the timing etc. I have replaced all the leads, both distributor caps, both coils, new plugs, firing order fine, no air or vacuum leaks that I can find. He had bought all these parts along with quite a few new sensors as...
  13. S

Hi 361UZ. Thanks for the reply. I've just noticed that I didn't put the engine model in, old age creeping in. It is a 1UZFE with supercharger that has been put into a cobra replica with a five speed manual box behind it. Unfortunately information is pretty light on, as neither the owner or...
  14. S

Hi all and thanks for letting me join. A mechanic friend of mine has asked me to look at a Cobra replica that has had this motor installed, complete with supercharger. I am an electronics tech. The owner of the car was driving it regularly until one day he stopped for lunch, the car had been...