Recent content by SC400DAVE

1. S

SC400 Cold Air Intake project Big photos warning

Just kiddin bro. I would never run my intake without a filter. It would foul the injectors wouldn't it? All kinds of nastyness would be scooped in from the fender well. It looks like a great system, don't get me wrong. Just missing that one piece of the puzzle. Maybe it's insidee the plumbing...
  2. S

Gas Price

I just paid $4.09 at the Costco in Hawthorne! Thats $82.00 to fill up the SC. So much for all the people saying we are in the middle east for the oil! :usaribbon:
  3. S

We don't need no stinkin filter! lol
  4. S

Magic Jack

You can't forget the funnest Jack of all time: E-Jack-U-Late :smokin:
  5. S

New 2009 Chevy Camaro

Kinda looks like a Cylon to me! Just need the red LED light going back and forth on the grill. lol
  6. S

Magic Jack

This is awesome! With the money I save I can buy a Lextreme Torque Converter this summer! :fest06: What a gift! Thanks Dave!
  7. S

Quality weld! nice spacing! Time to mass produce and make a million bucks. lol
  8. S

World Cup Champion!!! Italy won it.

DITTO! The United States Of America is the greatest country in the world! We do owe the Frenchy's a great debt of gratitude though. They saved our ass during the Revolutionary war when they came out with there fleet to help us defeat the Brits. That little fact is usually forgotten by us. i...
  9. S

Lextreme members want to go fishing?

I have not picked up a paint gun in 20 years. As for the prep, best left to a profesional my friend. I might do my own car, but someone elses. NO WAY!:veryhappy
  10. S

Ya the prep is where all the labor is. Painting is a piece of cake. If you paint over imperfections, like flawed bodywork or dirt, you have just wasted tons of time and effort. I was an aircraft painter back in the day for Continental Airlines. We used a paint called polyurethane. Yes liquid...
  11. S

Thanks Dave. Paint will be one of the last things on my list. gotta get her running smooooooth again first!
  12. S

Ya thats what I'm going to do. The Supra LCA is only $215.00 each, so I can't go wrong with the new ball joints! Unfortunately, I can't do any work to my car at home, not even wash it! I live in an apartment, so until I buy another house, I am at the mercy of auto shops. I am going to replace...
  13. S

Differential Diagnoses for Ignition Failure

Coil failure Eratic idle. sputtering.struggles to accelerate. rpm needle goes haywire jumping around lik crazy. cant go over maybe 5mph. burnt smell coming from engine bay. feels like there is major trouble with the car. very scary experience. You do not want this to happen on the freeway or in...
  14. S

New member and first time Lexus buyer... Need advice!

No, the tranny feels great under normal and spirited driving. No problems what so ever. I do have the OD on and the ECT power switch on all the time too. I just started leaving the ECt on full time about 2 weeks ago. I want to see how it affects my MPG. Thanks
  15. S

Thanks guys. John, you gave me a lot of hook ups on the Club Lexus forums. Ya that was me that we were pming back and forth there. I never got the paint shop name and number though you were going to find the info for me. If you found it, ya I will use them. 1000.00 bucks for a good paint job is...