Recent content by rivmasta

1. rivmasta

Wanted WTB Sydney: Lower intake manifold

Cheers to Ed, Thanks mate. We'll let you know the results!
  2. rivmasta

Wanted WTB Sydney: Lower intake manifold

Hey all, A mate of mine is racing a hilux ute with a 1UZ and wants to experiment with the intake runners. Anyone got one that they dont want anymore? would prefer pickup in Sydney, if not, will pay for postage in Aus. Cheers, Riv.
  3. rivmasta

Well, Im back from The Finke...

We're gonna skip it next year and go to Hyden in WA instead (cant afford to do both in one year). We'll be back to finke in 2011!
  4. rivmasta

Yeah, the mexicans setting booby traps is a bit different to aussies doing tho. I spoke to the guy who slowed us down yesterday (and thank god he did!) And he actually got into a barney with the idiots on the dune! They were chucking rocks at him for slowing us down. Fwits. Naa, didnt see...
  5. rivmasta

The pissed idiots on the hill were all for creating carnage - lucky for us and alot of other drivers one person with brains waved us down about 100m before the jump. and waved us down VERY vigourously. We hit it about mid rev in 3rd, real slow, and it still kicked us hard up in the rear. Im in...
  6. rivmasta

We took the 3,500km trek from Sydney to Alice Springs in the centre of Aus to do The Finke Desert race... Needless to say a biiig couple of weeks. My apologies to my american friends who might miss some of the aussie references. When we left the car had been dynoed, but not tested. So we...
  7. rivmasta

Dyno % lost, Engine vs Chassis dyno

yeah, as you said, just curiosity. Its got enough punch in 3rd and 4th to push me into the seat, and its ALOT faster than our old 1600s, especially the dato engine! hahahaha! thats all I care about! :) Lets go racing!!!!!
  8. rivmasta

I was curious as to how close the virtual and actual dyno runs compared. Interestingly, it was pretty close. At the end of the day we've got 200rwhp to play with. Heres hoping the transaxle and CVs can handle it!
  9. rivmasta

ok, so no consistant way of measuring due to too many variables. Sounds right! Ive been playing with EAP and comparing virtual to actual dyno runs. If you put in 21% loss for chassis dyno the numbers for tq/hp are almost identical. but its still just a guestimate due to variables. One of...
  10. rivmasta

Hey all, approx how much is the difference between flywheel and rwhp on dyno? Would 20% loss be about right for a manual, 25 to 30 for an auto?
  11. rivmasta

Dyno fun... :)

Will scan it in and post it tomorrow. Tested out at OP yesterday, a few niggling probs, but nothing serious. Went back to the workshop and yavous was there working his magic on a mates car (600+ Windsor), a few beers and a few laughs. He's a top bloke. I'd recommend him to anyone!
  12. rivmasta

Correct Oil Pressure

Hey all, The oil pressure weve been seeing is 50psi at idle cold, 25psi warm. Under revs this increases to 50. I figured this is ok, other 1UZ's ive seen are the same. Yesterday though I ran the oil breather lines out ofthe rocker covers to an oil catch can and under revs its now pushing...
  13. rivmasta

btw - Yavous is the man! Cheers Rod!
  14. rivmasta

We dropped our car on the dyno yesterday for a tune... long day, a few hiccups but a good result. prob 1: Powersteer feed line (we've buggered off the bottle) wasnt feeding enough fluid to the pump due to a 90deg forged bend. whoops. Trips to various places to get the hose and and as a...
  15. rivmasta

Build for Torque

intrusting... 3uzfe and 2uzfe are both cast iron though arent they? No good if so, low weight is one of our advantages! Stroker crank - suggestions? approx (very approx! haha) costs?