Recent content by Rawal4x4

1. R

Read this, have a laugh but think how it could have turned out!

Oh Boy! Story and three halves there! Glad to know your alright and see the funny side of it. Thanks for sharing and more power to FARGO!
  2. R

Is the UZ series still the way to go

What are the prospects for the UR series engines with a standalone ECU? I haven't seen any actual conversions / info on the net as yet on the net. Maybe I have not been looking it up right.... The Dakar Hiluxes have been running 1 and 2URs for quite sometime now. They do have some indirect...
  3. R

Mid/Rear 1UZ FJ40 Concordia

It wont take my pics here, but its all in there......Somewhere :) Here maybe : http://www.race-dezert.com/forum/threads/the-concordia-fj40-down-in-the-dungeons-re-build.120286/
  4. R

Mid/Rear 1UZ FJ40 Concordia

It was a bit like falling down stairs and landing on your feet.....
  5. R

How to make exhaust louder without loosing low end torque

My experience with our desert racing 1UZ is different. On removing the exhausts, leaving just the stock Crown headers on we seemed to have gained a fair bit of torque throughout the rev range (not sure of sub 1000 rpm though) but tires sqeeled more and car pulled better on the sand. The exhausts...
  6. R

How to kill a 1UZ Question?

Another engine would be around $800 complete and about $600 without wiring and AFM etc. Always doable, but I want to put together the parts from two engines I have at hand and get one going. Also our team has not gotten down and dirty with the 1UZ internals as yet and this is as good a time...
  7. R

IN addition to the rods we broke and the block we seem to have destroyed: I am surprised that I am told that the heads may be cracked / damaged too, would you agree? Pics, not showing up here, but do please do take a look and advise, Thanks!
  8. R

Rally Raid Stock 1UZ with a CT26 Turbo!!??

Thanks for the commentss! So two CT26 (47 trim not the 1HD 43s) worked well on the 1UZ. So if we use two 43 trim CT26s (I believe that is what the 1HD dimensions are), one on each bank, it should give us a decent torque kick in the low end (2500-4000 rpm). Correct?? Is it right to assume...
  9. R

Another option is a combo of a ct26 on one bank with a ct20 (from a 2LT 2400cc turbo diesel) on the other bank. Would need some fancy valving I am told to keep turbos fighting each other, but may still be doable. Keeping two turbos cool in the desert gives me hot shivers though....
  10. R

Not sure if we are talking about the same ct26. Its on a 4200cc diesel turbo 6 cyl and doesn't look small though I don't know the AR on it. Just to clarify desert sand racing as far as I understand needs torque and a flat torque curve as low as possible. Our vehicle weighs about 2000 kgs in...
  11. R

The prime consideration here is budget and availability in the second hand market. Yes it's more tricky when you tie down one hand at your back!. I will explore alternatives but if its probably one HD CT26 or 1/2 jz supra twin turbos that should be doable for us. We don't need too much power...
  12. R

Though its probably been discussed a million times here, but just wanted to ask the question here because I am thinking about taking a stock 1UZ and putting on a CT26 turbo from a 1HDFT (4200cc 6 cyl Turbo diesel) Land Cruiser. The vehicle is an FJ40 which we use for desert rally raid in...
  13. R

:) There are indeeed! But then again this is not a thread about how to make a 1UZ last, is it :)
  14. R

Analysis so far: Cam Shaft seal leaked after continued high rev action, oil pressure dropped, big end or piston seized due to oil starvation breaking rods. Continued efforts to restart the engine and finish resulted in additional crank / block damage. All happened within a matter of seconds at...