Recent content by nissan-lover

1. N

Wanted Pistons wanted, peferably in UK

Hi, I am after the left hand bank pistons from a 95+ engine (10.4 compression, maybe the VVTi pistons would be OK? not sure at the moment. Anyone doing a turbo conversion and fitting forgies will have these available. Mike
  2. N

1uz-fe Engine BORE MAX?

Ahhh, those look good, sorry my toyota searching isnt so good, I know where things are in the nissan forums as I spend more time there. Well it looks hopeful, but is the crown volume a net + x cc or a net - y cc?? Also it looks like I want the post 95 piston without the steel insert for...
  3. N

I'm the 1st to post in the uk section!

Yay, me too, I'm another Brit on the Forum... Mike
  4. N

Free Free OEM Pistons

Are these still available & will you consider overseas shipping? Mike
  5. N

1UZ engine component weights

Dead thread resurrection time... Does anyone have any weights for the 10.4:1 & the VVTi pistons?? Also dome/dish volume on/in the piston? Mike
  6. N

1uz-fe Engine BORE MAX?

Damn, Ahh well I guess I have to keep my eyes open for the next person to open up their own engine. I have searched all over the place, I can get decent shots of the forged turbo pistons, but no decent shots of the std pistons anywhere. Mike
  7. N

adjustable cam gears

When you skim the heads, you need to bring the timing back to the correct figures, that is when same direction timing is good to go. At a total guess you get 4or 5 degrees per mm of skim, so with a 0-8 cam gear and a retard of 4 due to skimming, you can now change the center lines by a bit. Mike
  8. N

Would anyone be so kind to offer some advice ?

Every engine responds a little bit differently to tuning, but 11.5:1 with custom pistons and a careful tune is normally doable, 12:1 needs a lot of attention to detail on the tuning and will knock on stale tanks of fuel, but has been made to work, some of the honda guys are at 12.5:1 and pump...
  9. N

1uz-fe Engine BORE MAX?

Hi, Mike here again, Have you had your spare block apart yet?? do you think you could send me a close up of the top and sides of the std pistons?? Regards.
  10. N

Where can I get a tiny V8

MotoGuzzi made a 500 cc V8 just before the war, beautiful little engine. Mike
  11. N

Oil pressure when dealing with high revs

That has always been true, but the compromise is to keep the bearing temps under control, you also need to consider crank stiffness, as in flex of the crankpin. Mike
  12. N

Oil pressure when dealing with high revs

crank scraper about 2-6 hp, dry sump 5-10 hp, thinner oil about 5hp if your lucky, its also a question of right sizing the oil pump to suit the clearances you want to run. I call bs on freeing up 50 hp in an NA car. On another forum the sub-title of the ALL-motor section is: "For the deep...
  13. N

1uz-fe Engine BORE MAX?

Could you e-mail me a pic of the top and side view of the std piston while you have the block apart... Regards, Mike
  14. N

Building the ultimate N/A UZFE

If you raise the compression by skimming the head and using a thinner head gasket you will alter the cam timing and you will need cam gears. Mike
  15. N

UZ Block Pictures needed

does anyone have the pics of OEM 1UZ pistons?? Mike