Recent content by monaro-azz

1. monaro-azz

I Need to buy/borrow/rent a exhaust for a LS400/celsior to clear a defect notice.

I recently got a defect on my celsior for being too loud and even though I've fixed the aftermarket exhaust so that it is under the 90.8 Db limit the RTA mechanic only tells me on the second test that it has to be the factory exhaust for it too pass unless I get a engineers report for the...
  2. monaro-azz

Wide body VIP LS400

You hit the nail right on the head as that is exactly what has happened, drove through a massive(40cm/16" deep pot hole in the pouring rain on a road the council was resurfacing and smashed the front bar,foglight, pass guard, pass and driver skirts plus damaged the air strut and sway bar. The...
  3. monaro-azz

Wide body VIP LS400

Yeah this one started with a Junction produce wide body kit and has had a hell of a lot of custom work done to it, have you noticed that the entire body/skirts/qtrs/guards/pillars/roof are all one piece? and those flares are not from a body kit they have been crafted from custom rolled steel...
  4. monaro-azz

Wide body VIP LS400

I bought it off the importer who brought it over from japan. It's got all the usual goodies. I pointed out another kitted celsior we saw and she fell in love with it and then when I found this one she was really keen to get it and I had just written off my xr6 turbo ute so we needed a new car...
  5. monaro-azz

Wide body VIP LS400

I just bought my Fiance a new car, this VIP Widebody from japan as her everyday driver It's pretty wild. It's running 18"x 11" up front and 18" x 13" at the back, and a full junction produce kit with custom paint. Aaron,
  6. monaro-azz

Supercharge and turbo on the same motor?

This is exactly what i'm about to do to my Ford F100 a complete conversion from a ucf11 ls400 including motor, box, dash, all electric's and a supercharger + tubo setup with two intercoolers. I'm in the middle of collecting all the pieces i will need to complete the project, i'm going to start...
  7. monaro-azz

Turbos from China

My mate just did his dyno run on his freshly built Kawasaki zx9r with a "arrett" $600 chinese turbo it ran for around sixty mins at idle while fuel maps and timing were set then on the first power run as soon as it hit 11psi @ 10,000rpm it let go blew a **** load of smoke and destroyed the...
  8. monaro-azz

Car of Choice for 1UZFE Swap

A normal ford boat anchor is fine for normal f100 but It's not your normal run of the mill f100(it only weighs 1,550kg's at the moment), it's bagged with 22 " wheels, will have a body drop and massive amounts of body work, and the motor won't be either, it'll be a vvti 1uz(upgraded internals)...
  9. monaro-azz

1UZFE Block with 2UZFE Heads

So is the answer yes you can use 2uz heads on a 1uz block? as long as you have a method of controling the advance/retard on the cams? as i have a pair of vvt-i gs400 heads and manifold which i was going to use on a vvt-i motor, but i have since found out that the vvt-i's have the weaker rods so...
  10. monaro-azz

Car of Choice for 1UZFE Swap

After my F100 then it'd have to be a Series 6 rx7, as they look horn but have a **** motor!
  11. monaro-azz

Info on VVt-i 1uz

Hi all, Not sure if this is the right catagory but anyway... Do the 1UZ's come in VVT-i or are only the 3uz's VVti? if they do are they 4.0l or 4.3l or either? do the vvt-i 1uz's use the same weaker rod's that the 3uz's use? The reason i'm asking is i'm building my truck around a...