Recent content by MKII_Supra

1. M

Wanted WTB: 1UZ Auto Bellhousing(s)

Hi everyone, I am also looking for an auto bellhousing for the 1uz. Shipping would be the Chicago-land area, ZIP code 60060. Ready to pay immediately via paypal. Help me adapt this puppy so I can get it on the road! Thanks! -Mike
  2. M

Single Turbo 1UZ MKII Supra Project

Before the show last night, I brought the car into the shop on my lunch break for a quick detail, and somehow we ended up truing the corner weights and levels of the car. Big thanks to our mechanic guru Paul for helping me get everything set up, we were all really surprised by the initial corner...
  3. M

Happy to report the car is still driving great, and I brought it up to Northern Chicago for a week of fun. Its been great driving the car around in the cool mornings (the car loves the cold air) and cruising to work and back. I will be attending the Wauconda Cruise Nights show this Tuesday...
  4. M

Thanks everyone. Indeed, I think half the fun is trying to do things myself and obviously learn from the experience. Exactly as Seamus said, while the components designed and built around the motor have lots of time and money invested, the $400 short block is just an unopened junkyard motor...
  5. M

Hey guys. I know it's been some time since I have added any details in here. I am going to copy and paste over some posts from my other thread, so sorry if they seem awkward. Sorry for the total shut-in status of this thread in the past year(s) everyone. Iv'e been so consumed by work...
  6. M

The Engineered 1UZ V8 Datsun 620 Build

Chapter Three: Disassembly, Front Fender Supports, Headlights and Hood Pins Thanks everyone again for the kind words. Jumping back into the story, I had the black 620 in the garage, and had spent some time measuring out the critical information I needed for the chassis design later on. Once...
  7. M

Chapter Two: Bringing Home the Two Trucks. In my quest to find a good starting basis for the 620 build, I was scouring over Craigslist and Ebay every day, relentlessly. It has been my tale too many times to find something that just came up on Craigslist a few hours ago, call or text the...
  8. M

Chapter One: An Updated List of All Details Concerning the Build. Here is where I intend to keep a continually updating detail list on the build, for quick access to the "stats". I receive frequent basic questions like "what wheels are those" and "what is the wheel travel" often, so...
  9. M

Thanks everyone! I'm pretty stoked about this build, lots left to do but lots left to catch up on also with this thread. -Mike
  10. M

The Engineered 1UZ V8 Datsun 620 Build: An Exercise in Engineering By Mike O'Brien Welcome to the build thread for my ongoing Datsun 620 truck. If you are here, you most likely love cars, engineering, fabrication, and all things CAD designed and optimized. You may know me as my alter ego...
  11. M

The Supra has been stored away while the temps are miserable here in Iowa/Illinois, but I am still full speed ahead on the Datsun project. Just hit my deadline last week of finishing the new chassis/suspension and mounting the cab and bed to the new frame. Lots of info and pictures to go...
  12. M

Here are the last few pics from me for the season. I may or may not have poped the head gasket(s) on the 1UZ the other night after leaving a car show. I noticed a bit of smoke earlier in the day, but it started belching out by the time I got half way home. Revving the motor makes the cooling...
  13. M

Ok guys, geez. I'll post another photo of the majestic Datsun. (lol) -Mike
  14. M

An update is coming, but here is a sneak shot of the new fan/shroud/pipe setup to help this jalop stay cool. A quick shot of dat ass.... -Mike
  15. M

Lol, guys, where has this thread gone to in the background? You guys are thinking way past my transmission choice. I know I haven't explained the plans for the Datsun build (to be explained in a new dedicated thread in the future), but the plan is a budget rat-rod-ish short track/street hoon...