Recent content by MA70BRAIN

1. M

SC/LS auto trans into MA70?

Oh also another thing I just thought of. I have an SC400 auto bell housing. Would it be possible to swap the housing onto my supra auto and possibly use my 7M torque converter? I wonder if the imput shaft on the M gearbox is the same as the UZ gearbox. It would make my life so much easier
  2. M

SC/LS auto trans into MA70?

Quick question: Can i simply swap the rear trans mounts from the Lexus Auto and supra auto and use the supra rear cross member with a custom driveshaft? I have W58 but since money is tight these days, I'm looking into getting a Lexus auto for cheap and run my 92 SC400 1UZ with an auto...
  3. M

Flowmaster VS Magnaflow exhaust for 1UZ's

I'm still trying to figure out what kind of dual exhaust i want for my soon to be 1UZ MKIII Supra project which i will start within the next couple of months. I plan to use my stock cats with the SC400 exhaust modified to fit the supra. Lately I have been on Youtube watching random exhaust...
  4. M

Can I Swap an SC400 longblock for an LS400 longblock?

oh ok thanks just wanted to be sure. i believe its the internals are all the same from 89 to 94
  5. M

Can I Swap an SC400 longblock for an LS400 longblock?

I was originally gonna rebuild my 92 SC400 1UZ to swap into my 87 supra and after thinking long and hard, but I have decided not to open up my 1UZ and swap it in as is. I really just want to get this project started. As far as parts, all i really need now is a manual conversion kit to match my...
  6. M

1UZ into MA70 Supra with W58 Manual Conversion

interesting. thanks
  7. M

How much heavier is an R154 compared to a W58??? My W58 is so light, i can lift it over my head.
  8. M

I'm finally getting my 1UZ from a 1992 Lexus SC400!

So i decided to leave the underdash harness in the Lexus. I'm just gonna take the part of the last 2 o2 sensor connectors and I figure I'll merge the engine bay harness with my 7M-GE harness. The motor has been pulled out since Friday and the SC400 is now an empty shell. I also took the...
  9. M

Hey would it be a good idea to take the entire underdash harness??? i already have most of the bottom panels and miscellaneous interior pieces around the shifter radio etc. removed just to gain access to the plugs of both o2 senors that go after the catalytic converters. The ECU is out and the...
  10. M

A good friend of mine crashed his SC400 and I'm now in the process of pulling out the motor, Engine Harness, and ECU. Hydraulic fan, EVERYTHING. I'm aiming for it to be California Smog legal so i will be taking all the smog/emission related equipment. I will be posting Pictures and Videos of...
  11. M

Looks like you too know how to work on the floor with jack stands hahaha I have heard of electronics being different on all 1UZ's in general between years, models, etc. so i plan to get a motor, harness, and ECU from the same car. I figure i will run into less wiring headaches in when the...
  12. M

Definitely not a walk in the park hahaha If it saves shipping costs etc, I wouldn't mind driving up north to pick up the kit and get a chance to see a UZA70 in person :D
  13. M

Hmmm iI guess I'll just have figure it out when the time comes. I have a friend that owns a shop that can let me use one of his lifts. I suppose the next step is to keep saving up for my engine that will most likely come from an SC400 and your complete swap kit :D I have a feeling this swap...
  14. M

I was planning on dropping in the motor first without the intake manifold which should allow me to install the starter after the transmission. Any clearance issues i should know about regarding the starter and firewall? I assume that space is limited. And I'm not too worried about installing the...
  15. M

I never thought about it that way. So that means i can use clutch kits from Tacomas, Celicas, MR2's etc? Interesting... And also will your Mounts will bolt into my 87 without any modifications?