Recent content by LuthorLex

1. L

New member looking at celica gt uz swap

Thats a great heads up thank you! Never really got into FWD AWD cars but not many RWD choices these days that weigh around 1100kg There is a 2jz st205 but not interesting in nose heavy led tipped arrows.
  2. L

gearbox adaptor plates.

same here anyone have the cad dwg?
  3. L

1uz to r151 dellow kit

I agree in doing most of the work myself but seeing some home made adaptors with issues that surfaced over time with worn engine main bearings, transmissions and basically unseen vibration from not being perfectly centred has put me off that avenue. Im not young anymore and googling things...
  4. L

I also like the idea of supercharing like this clever Russians did for the uz https://www.drive2.ru/l/6142683/ would prob be cheaper than an NA build and similar packaging unlike turbos.
  5. L

Looking at getting a few 1uz and 3uz engines for cheap and wondering if there is a gearbox adaptor besides the R154 or toyota W boxes? World class t5 are 36kg from an S10 and bmw 5 speeds are used by K miata are also very cheap and plentiful in comparison not to mention very compact. Im looking...
  6. L

1uz to r151 dellow kit

Im interested in something other than the toyota transmissions out there are getting so thin therefore does anyone know if there a T5 world class adapter or Bmw 5 speed adaptor for the UZ like K Miata have for the Honda K series conversion? The bimmer box is bullet proof once certain small...
  7. L

3URFE Engine Exposed

I was interested in the UR until I saw how bit it was and how many of people I came across with Landcruisers running them always blowing white smoke when pushed hard. Could have been the earlier models? either way still deciding in terms of weight and size that the 3uz is what I need which also...
  8. L

1UZ-FE vs. 2JZ-GTE

I love the 2jz and 1jz more so for its price but at the end of the day I like driving and the lighter the engine the better I enjoy the experience specially if NA as I prefer response over bells and whistles. The 2jz is definitely easier to work on than any v8 except perhaps the LS but...
  9. L

Is the UZ series still the way to go

raising thread back from a coma as to not start a new thread and not sure this is the right thing to do as a newby? please let me know what the procedure is but plenty of good info covered in this thread already and opinions....etc By reading this thread I find myself always cursing at how much...