JZH's latest activity

• J
    JZH replied to the thread ECMs and Earths/Grounds.
    Thanks, Rod. I hadn't realised the rivnut/ground issue; it seems there is a wide difference of opinion on this use of rivnuts (judging...
  • J
    JZH reacted to Zuffen's post in the thread ECMs and Earths/Grounds with Like Like.
    I'm not sure I would use a rivnut as a ground. I'd rather use a stud screwed into a captive welded nut or a nut and bolt. I'd also...
  • J
    In building a new engine harness, what's the best way to deal with the numerous GNDs connecting to the ECM? On my 3UZ (6-speed) ECM...
  • J
    Chris Taylor: Phoenix Engine Management +44 (0)7957 713 564 He's also on YouTube and Facebook. Ciao, JZH
  • J
    JZH replied to the thread reverse light.
    I don't know anything about the 5-speeds, but that should be your circuit. IIRC, the Neutral-Start switch N1 is on the trans. Ciao, JZH
  • J
    JZH reacted to P Bateman's post in the thread 1UZ into E36 with Like Like.
    I forgot to note, aluminium thickness next to the spark plug tubes is only about 8-10mm and I don't have bottoming taps - so I drilled...
  • J
    JZH replied to the thread 1UZ into E36.
    Hi Patrick, Did you use aluminium crush washers on those fittings, or Dowty seals? They're not under much pressure, but I would...