Recent content by Jgrov2

1. J

Stock 3UZ with r150F, 96 Hilux on 31s with 4.3 Diff only getting 13.8mpg

As stated in title im only getting 13.8mpg or 17L/100km half highway half suburbs. Stock engine, stock ecu, stock exhaust manifolds and cat into 2.5" exhaust with single muffler. Few questions, does it seem a bit high compared to what other guys are getting in similar setups? Will an...
  2. J

3uz-fe weird idle and throttle lag under 3k rev

Dude from memory it was the fuel pump. it was slowly dieing and after these videos and few more runs would hardly build pressure.
  3. J

p0340 wtf can not remove it even after following procedure

Scope checked out fine when I looked at vvt sensors, couldn’t check the position sensor. I’ve since striped down the cam and everything is fine and clean so it’s got me fucked. Only thing I can think of now is the solenoid maybe not working. Live data shows bank 1 all fine and bank 2 reads 0...
  4. J

Is there a chance it will run with the vvt sensor cable connected to cam position sensor and vice versa? By vvt sensor I mean the one either side of the intake manifold between the middle injectors and by cam sensor I mean the one which connects through the cam cover bank 1. When I...
  5. J

engine is a jdm 2002 celsior 3uz-fe car is 96 hilux So the scanner says p0340 is cam position sensor however if I unplug that sensor, it throws a vvt sensor code (p1345). Ive replaced the vvt sensor bank 1, both bank plugs and check for shorts/continuity all fine. The resistance on the old...
  6. J

I know exactly what your talking I’m actually about to graduate as a mechanical engineer in a few weeks and this thing is kinda like a side project. I plan on sampling and compiling as much data as possible about the engine hence wanting to switch to a aftermarket ecu to make it easier to...
  7. J

Yer I mentioned turbos once to the guy I sussed out for engineering and he nearly threw something at me. I figured I didn’t want to tempt fate and will just wait til after it’s all signed off. My luck they will find it and I’ll be black listed everywhere and constantly harassed by tmr.
  8. J

Issue is I can’t register it here in Australia with an aftermarket ecu because emission rules etc. I’m thinking about using haltech waterproof jobby which do dbw now just gotta get it going first. What were you saying about bottom end and missing auto? I’ll send you a pm about pump as well if...
  9. J

That’s crazy. You mentioned before it will lack bottom end without the auto. Why is that? Mine constantly says 5 gear on techstream. On another note, do you know if it’s possible to run without the ethrottle and switch back to a cable? I hate the feeling of the ethrottle already plus I feel...
  10. J

Yer right I think I will look for denso fuel pump then. Do you know if they are able to take a pwm signal and e85 suitable? I’m looking at boosting it later down the track and using a different ecu that can control pump speed. That’s interesting about the maf as before all this happened I was...
  11. J

Maf is mounted 90 degrees from upright I talked to a few blokes reckon won’t matter. I think I may have just burned out my fuel pump it’s tone has changed a bit. It’s surpose to be walbro gss342 255lph. Thing is running normal voltage, 14.5 amps and flowing 120 lph from the regulator into a...
  12. J

I’ll try and post videos of the revs and idling plus what little data I could extract from live data ecu. I’ve put 3uz from Celsior into 96 hilux. Its usually hard to start both hot and cold and sometimes idles fine sometimes rough. Biggest issue is the throttle. Revs usually drop until...
  13. J

3uz-fe engine swap throwing b2799 code

Ive been running off this diagram Originally had nothing in pin 2 which i thought was odd and nothing in pin 3. Ive tried adding ignition power but still same issue. Ive checked EFIO and EFII and they seem fine. If there was a flat batt in key or the immobiliser ecu was physically damage...
  14. J

3uz-fe engine swap throwing b2799 code

do you know if the multiplex communication wires are required? and if techstream can talk to it without them connected? also should the gear shifter cable P2SW pin 3 be earthed or 12v?