Recent content by Handgrenade

1. H

DTC Codes and what to do with them?

You know, I'll look into it. I didn't always have code 12 though. But it's still worth checking to see if I'm retarded hahaha, yeah we already know the answer to that.
  2. H

Yes, I have done the belt when it was out of the car.
  3. H

My NSW wire was not connected to ground. It never was. It is in the factory location in the ecu pin and you can trace it in the loom to the transmission plug. Same with the STA wire. I can completely disconnect them/ cut them and it's the same result. The car acts no different if they are...
  4. H

I have the car wired just like this and it starts in gear. I don't even care about that, it can start in gear all it wants- that doesn't bother me. What bothers me is that damn code 42. My electronic buddy made me a voltage device that was supposed to fix the VSS code that we believe, is...
  5. H

Yes sir, I was pretty mad yesterday. I will let it sit for a day or two. Thanks guys.
  6. H

Forgive me George. I just cannot grasp what the hell is going on here. I lost my temper on another forum and I have copied it here, so you can see what I am dealing with. Yes, it's me. Yes I am not understanding. Ok, I have absofuckinglutley had it with this !@#$%^TY&U*. I might have a...
  7. H

I am glad you guys know your stuff because this is the first electronically controlled automatic transmission that I have ever transplanted into anything. I'm learning, slowly but I'm learning. When I get home tonight I will make an attempt to cause the NSW wire to deny a ground to the starter...
  8. H

I suppose I will try to find an injector signal and connect it to the spd signal and see what happens. Fingers crossed, and thanks. I'll get to it tomorrow night and see.
  9. H

This is how I initially wired the car: It still started in any gear and I think I had the starter signal code, but can't remember. It's been changed so many times now, I have no idea where it's at. Right now, it has code 42, code 43 and it shifts early, has shit for power. All other codes...
  10. H

And a transmission guy on another car forum has said this: Your code 42 for vehicle speed has nothing to do with NSW and STA. As has already been said, the speed signal from the gearbox can't be fed direct to the ECU, it is conditioned in the dash cluster, this is what is screwing up your shift...
  11. H

I checked the R-L wire at the indicator switch on the trans and it had no voltage when it was running. I added 12V to it and no change. It still starts in any gear. Bad indicator switch? Incorrect power feed to whole system? No clue at this point.
  12. H

If you look at this guys diagram it seems to show the STA wire connected to the constant 12V and then grounded out when you send power to the starter: http://wilbo666.pbworks.com/w/page/45653482/Toyota%20NSW%20Engine%20ECU%20Pin I check my STA AND NSW wires, right at the ECU and they both...
  13. H

Excuse the large image, but: The Park/Neutral switch and AT indicator as seen here in the upper right, show the STA and the NSW running through this indicator. My wiring is done this way, as seen in the diagram. Continuity checks OK. However, I'm not sure the R-L wire that feeds power TO...
  14. H

NSW and STA both have continuity from the plug on the transmission to the ECU. In theory, it should be working correctly.
  15. H

I checked the NSW at the ECU. The wire is there, in the correct pin location. I checked at the transmission, the wire is there, the stock plug is in place. I did not continuity check the wire though, it still starts in any position.