Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• Are you guy I need to talk to rebuild engine harness
    G
    gloverman
    Sure. Have you seen my YouTube?
    W
    William x
    Hi everybody
    Just require some advice on the kind of Lexus V engine to mate on freelander1 1.8 East West engine compartment, kind of propshaft to use and mountings?
    I wanted to buy 4.3l 3uz lexus v8 engine with gearbox.

Also what about fuel pump as the freelander1 has in-tank petrol pump?
    Hi Kelvin. (not sure if this is the right way to "pm" you, but here goes.
    Re my post about the Crown AFM problems, the one on the car is a Toyota (FUJI) 22204-42010 . Would you have one for sale? (I like to throw business towards helpful people).
    Also, do you know the difference between a 22204-42010 and a22204-42011? These seem plentiful.
    Thanks mate,
    Jeff. (361UZ)
    G
    gloverman
    Easy. The last number on Toyota part numbers is increased as parts superceded. So when Toyota update a part the last digit increases so the 010 and 011 interchange. Im getting low but if you get stuck could help you out but it you can get a 011 locally to you grab them, and a spare
    361UZ
    Thanks mate. I really appreciate that.
    If I do go from you, would you have new stock, or a used one (presumably tested). And what would you charge?
    From my thread, I really cant see hoe they would fail in the way mine has, unless the internal guts get stiff or less sensitive.
    Jeff
    Do you know if the IACV is constantly used to maintain the idle for the engine? Or is the IACV only for when the motor is cold, and once the engine is warmed up it should be able to idle all on its own?
    What is the detailed process for taking this IACV motor apart?
    G
    gloverman
    Sorry i dont have a detailed process. I sort of just know how to do it. Theres a bit of a trick to prying it in just the correct spot for the crimps to let go.
    One other issue I should mention is that it would idle 1 out of 10 starts. It would adjust idle, and at some point die. Now, however, even resetting the battery power, it won’t idle at all. I’m thinking it needs an IACV. alas, it is the type with no screws to rebuild the IACV motor and bearings.
    G
    gloverman
    Yes mrel opens the relay for +b and +b1 and the IAC. Fc and fpr can be tethered to negative trigger a relay for the fuel pump.
    G
    gloverman
    To pull the IAC apart you remove the roll pin to remove the motor from the body.
    G
    gloverman
    Then strip the motor apart. Theres a trick to pry them to bits.
    G
    gloverman
    Hello. Have you tested the IAC as I suggested to ( Dave ) holmsy in that thread? What was the result? I thought I'd sorted most of vinces poor wiring jobs but it appears not.
    S
    Swan song
    Well, I’ve never met Vince. I wired my entire swap using this wiring diagram for the relays: https://i.imgur.com/Cu5F8js.jpg
    I’m pretty good with wiring, but can’t help wondering if there is a splice I accidentally cut out that would feed power to the IACV. I haven’t checked the IACV for power since it’s a nightmare to get my leads into the plug. That will be my next step.
    G
    gloverman
    Hello James. There are a few suppliers of manifolds over here and they are often hard to deal with. Check out CSL camshafts in Palmerston north and Hartley engineering. (hartley race engines) . If you don't have luck with these guys we can go back to the drawing board. If you need an NZ address to send it to I can help then I can post it as a gift.
    Hi not sure if this is a PM.. You said to PM you and you could give me some pointers where my wiring maybe wrong, to sort my iac fault. I do appreciate your help mate. My personal email is [email protected].. I keep asking Bushwacker but he rarely gets back to me.. Regards David Holmes
    Hi Gloverman, I am in need of your advice. I am in the process of removing my cylinder heads ('97 1UZFE), and need instruction on how to re-align the intake and exhaust cams (especially the split gear exhaust cam). I have read a couple of poorly written explanations but they do more to confuse than enlighten me.
    I would greatly appreciate any assistance you could send my way.

Regards,
    M.Rad.
    hi Gloverman, I'd like to do the 1UZ conversion on a 1996 KZJ78 prado (box type) with a manual gearbox. R151F which i'd love to keep.
    I'd like to buy one of your write-ups and then seek advice from you after studying it.
    I'm in Kenya so i hope to use paypal. my email is [email protected]
    Thanks and Regards
    six2
    Hello

I was having a similar issue. One difference is I make a living out of 1uz conversions. I was getting around 25 phone calls a day with basic questions that many people where too lazy to research (or simply think about ) for themselves so I sat down and wrote up some conversion instructions. I now sell these and they have given me more time every day. I also provide email support and understand when I get the odd silly basic question. This was a way for me to identify the really good customers and I help them over the coarse of the conversion. I was starting to become a grumpy prick. (sideshow got like this after too much forum pressure). I now pick and chose who I help for free. Forums are great but they also hinder a lot of people as incorrect advice is given.
    For you if you don't know I would simply say that you are not sure or suggest the person does some research.

Hope this helps. Good to see your Mitsi is coming along nicely. Have you driven it yet?
    Hi Kelvin,
    I'm wondering what your thoughts are on people coming on this forum and others asking basically for a "how to" on doing their conversions.
    I've done mine and still learning and making mistakes along the way , by gathering info over the years , and posting here what Ive done , for all to read and use . But being asked to do an A to Z on how to do it is abit ....shall I say lazy . These forums are great and Ive been able to do some stuff on my project that years ago would have scared the shit out of me. And lots of people including yourself have helped me , and I've advised a couple of people to ask you as well for advice. I don't want to tell these people to shall I say "go away" but as I'm still really only a back yard DYIer , I think they would be better off learning off the net etc . So what do you reckon is a good response to these requests.
    Hey, im from north of auckland and have resently cooked the motor in my mazda proceed 4x4, thinking about the 1uz conversion, do you do them and can you give me an idea on the cost to get it done if you do, cheers,kahui.
    Hi Gloverman,
    can you tell me the name of the company that makes the 1uz to tti sequential bell housings in NZ,

Cheers, Martin
    Hi Gloverman.

I am from South Africa and need to wire my 1UZ Non VVTI engine for my Pajero. Can you please help with the pinouts for the ECU - 89661-3A240; 4 plugs - 24p 22p 16p 28p; 1997 Crown / Majesta UZS157
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…