Recent content by Frank Clark

1. Frank Clark

group buy

I cranked mine up to 20psi this weekend. Ran like a champ. This block has Eagle Rods (good bolts), Ross Pistons, ARP studs top/bottom, Springs and Ti retainers. Shifted between 7200-7500.
  2. Frank Clark

group buy

1. The 3UZ may not be a standard part (they are larger diameter) 2. You may have bought direct from Ross. You can get a better price from dealers.
  3. Frank Clark

group buy

I got a new replacement from Ross this week (Dropped a valve). Showed up in 3 days. The Ross pistons are $850/set and readily available. Good to over 1000hp.
  4. Frank Clark

Thoughts on this Manifold design?

I have ducted the roof scoop through the cabin to the firewall just above the engine. So the top of the engine does get plenty of cooling air at speed. But we are also talking about lots of heat as this thing is expected to run 5,000-8,000 rpm on boost for two 59 mile long legs. I've already...
  5. Frank Clark

Composites (short of minor fiberglass work), is outside of my wheel house. I don't think it will be too bad to build out of aluminum. I would 3D print the runners (one set for each side) and investment cast those. The injector holders are simple on the Lathe, and I have already made the bit...
  6. Frank Clark

One more to give a better idea what it would actually look like...
  7. Frank Clark

With Zuffen's suggesting (looking at previous F1 designs) and my realization that my plenum volume was off the charts, I reworked it to this. Shown without font/rear block off's for clarity. My trumpets don't fit this new design well, I will clean them up if this is what I go with. The...
  8. Frank Clark

On the fuses, back in the day we had a different setup (screw in fuses). None of that old stuff is very common any more thankfully. On the F1 engine injectors - Thanks! Like you said, there are lots of good examples from Ferrari to Honda, NA and Turbo - I had not seen those. I'm going to...
  9. Frank Clark

This month’s progress

Garage situation sucks.... We have a 1000sqft garage. The only 'open' space is the Wife's and she has made it clear I have to leave her spot alone! My son and I have two race cars in the garage + equipment and two race cars in the trailer. Have to play musical cars and rotate them between...
  10. Frank Clark

This month’s progress

And tonight I get to clean up the driveway before my wife gets home from her out-of-town trip ;)
  11. Frank Clark

This month’s progress

Oil pan came out pretty good. I'm happy with it. Does have one thin spot and one cold shunt. Both very small (smaller than a dime) and will be easy to touch up with TIG. The casting came out rough (surface finish), but I expected that as I poured hot since I was worried about it being such a...
  12. Frank Clark

Zuffen, are you talking about household circuit breakers?
  13. Frank Clark

I have a design like that modeled but I don’t like the one I did. I “feel” like the tips of the injectors need to be below the top of the trumpets to insure all of the fuel intended for a cylinder makes it to that cylinder. Really don’t know if that’s necessary, but it seems with all the...
  14. Frank Clark

Did you have someone water jet cut the spacer?
  15. Frank Clark

We also race sprint cars. While we don’t have them, down nozzle injectors are not uncommon. I figured it will 1) give a straight shot towards the valve, 2) won’t hamper air flow, 3) will give a longer path for the fuel so to take advantage of evap cooling from the ethanol (running E85).