Recent content by fabre12

1. fabre12

Want to get into 4X4'ing again anyone using the IUZFE for 4X4'ing?

Long shot, but do you still have the 5spd bellhousing?
  2. fabre12

1uzfe knocking

Looks too good to be true, anyone else bought these?
  3. fabre12

1uzfe knocking

Hi Melvin, is there a web site that you get them from, or an ebay store?
  4. fabre12

1uzfe knocking

That's exactly what happened, it bent (as per picture) far enough to just scrape causing it to lock when turned slowly, and rattle when running. We're not sure whether to try to replace the damaged rod with a good second hand one, or just get another motor(or a car, that's how we got this...
  5. fabre12

1uzfe knocking

It was number 3 piston scrapping against the counterweight.
  6. fabre12

1uzfe knocking

I think we found the problem@
  7. fabre12

1uzfe knocking

Yes, we are thinking the same thing, we are already pricing another engine. It will still be worth tearing it down just to learn what these look like inside.
  8. fabre12

1uzfe knocking

Looks like you're not getting the cigar, even if you end up being right! What's with the attitude DUDE? Some people have other things to do with their lives and can only work on their hobbies every now and then! If you don't like anything I'm asking or typing, it's pretty simple DUDE, stop...
  9. fabre12

1uzfe knocking

Does anyone think having this much variation between cylinders is okay? I know I'm pulling at straws, but this is driving me nuts, I don't really want to start pulling it apart, but the longer this goes on, the more likely that's what I'll have to do.
  10. fabre12

1uzfe knocking

Just spoke to a workshop nearby, they seem to be sure that the big end bearing shell has been crushed and the con rod is "floating" and causing it to hit the block. Anyone heard of big end bearings failing?
  11. fabre12

1uzfe knocking

Hi Loco, what Wrangler do you have? Ours is a TJ. What trans/transfer are you running? Would it still have good compression if there were any issues with valves or piston or rod?
  12. fabre12

1uzfe knocking

Hi Ivan, it locks when number 5 piston(the one that hydra-locked) is at TDC We have since removed the cam belt to see if it makes a difference, and there is no difference, it locks at the place every 360 degrees! We tried turning the cams manually to see if it changed when it locked, but no...
  13. fabre12

1uzfe knocking

Hi fellow 1uzfe owners, apologies for the long winded post, but this quite a story. We are in the middle of a transplant of a 92 1uz from a SC400, we have recently had issues with the beast not idling when cold. After research, we concluded that the ECU caps my be the problem. We took the ECU to...
  14. fabre12

40/40/40 ecu with auto trans not shifting(in Jeep)

Thanks gloverman, what do you charge for the instructions, we're sick of searching for info. Our ECU is Toyota Soarer. 6 pins at solenoids.
  15. fabre12

40/40/40 ecu with auto trans not shifting(in Jeep)

Thanks gloverman, we do NOT have very much info about the wiring for the auto trans, we're not sure which plug is the one for the solenoids, we will have a look for info. At the moment the BATT pin and the IGSW are wired together with all the other 12V positives, could this be why the check...