Recent content by drifty325i

1. drifty325i

Project Thread Supercharged Cobra Harrop TVS 1900

Thats awesome, so jelous of your supercharger setup as well
  2. drifty325i

Dyno Run

Nice one mate, you should get it dynoed at NZEFI im interested to see what the difference between yours and mine is. I made 279.4HP at the wheels on my Gen2 NA 1UZ but that was the NZEFI Dyno so may read higher
  3. drifty325i

Blown head gasket help :)

Sweet will do!!
  4. drifty325i

Dyno Run

Where in CHCH did you get it dynoed mate?
  5. drifty325i

E30 1uz r154

I use a 5puck ceramic Excedy, its fairly heavy, id suggest using a standard Celica heavy duty or standard MR2 HD
  6. drifty325i

UZFE Powered FD RX 7

Awesome good update, cant wait to see more photos
  7. drifty325i

Better to be safe than sorry aye, ill get Craig to run the tests you mentioned. God i hope its not terminal. Its not actually white like mayo, its more brown, more like peanut butter lol. No ive seen no oil/soot come out of the exhaust so fingers crossed its not that. It more than holds...
  8. drifty325i

sweet well fingers crossed your right, i like the sound of upgrading the studs and gaskets to
  9. drifty325i

Oh and for your info i was quicker at least 6secs faster around Ruapuna than both XKRs, 2 secs faster than the M3 , 3 secs faster than both R32 GTRs but i was 4 seconds behind the R35 GTR. My time was a 1.39sec
  10. drifty325i

Hey fellas, Was at my local track a few weeks back and i think i overheated my gen2 1uz during some huge battles with several M3s/XKRs/GTRs. Anyway i gave it a short cool down lap but i suspect it was ether to late or not enough to cool it down. I parked the car up and when i returned the car...
  11. drifty325i

E30 1uz r154

Nice one mate, ive done the same conversion on my e30 except i used a fully built W55 with semi cut gears. Good choice on the late engine, they do go ALLOT harder than the early engines if you not going F/I, you can run low boost on them if needed though.
  12. drifty325i

1uz in a 2001 BMW 540i

Jesus man, do no swap that BMW motor out for the 1UZ, both are awesome motors but you already have an awesome 4.4lt BMW v8 and a 6speed box, most guys here in NZ would kill for that setup. Dont give up on the BMW motor, allot of guys supercharge them with huge results, search on youtube
  13. drifty325i

Water Wetter For Coolant! Work?

Do not put that scoop on your hood for 4 reasons, 1 it will look stupid and cheap, 2 it will create positive lift under the hood and make the front end lighter at speed, 3 its not areo dynamic at all and 4 it wont do anything at all, the vent on the carbon bonnet should work allof better. And...
  14. drifty325i

1st or 2nd generation motor ?

Id go with the later 95+ engine if you intend to go N/A, they make a fair bit more power as proven on a few dynos here in NZ.