Recent content by Drewpee

1. D

Manual conversions - what gearboxes?

I run a W58 no probs. Cheap and easy to find. As with most things you can make anything fit for a price or hard work. Just have a good look around before committing.
  2. D

Manifold Compatibility

Hi, I was wondering if a manifold (inlet or exhaust) from another Toyota 4 cylinder engine would fit the 1uzfe. I know some V engines in the past were first thought up or designed on in-line engines. If a compatible cast inlet/outlet manifold is out there then all the hard work for FI would be...
  3. D

TPS Fault 41

Maybe a good business opportunity in repairing old units. :-)
  4. D

TPS Fault 41

Yep, seems like more and more people are having problems with the ECUs. I remember once upon a time it was thought it was most unlikely you'd have any problems with them. Looks like we faithful will have to get used to fiddling with aftermarket computers.
  5. D

TPS Fault 41

I don't need to get the kids to school any faster than I do now(40km zone). Hehe, Chev wasn't an option when I did the conversion 7 years ago. Motors back then were 8k and up with no gearbox. Now it would be cheap and easier. Just about every part needed for a conversion is available off the...
  6. D

TPS Fault 41

Did you say upgrade to an LS2 or LS3? wash you mouth out(or your hands). When chev stop playing with push-rods and make a quad cam for under 10k I'll think about it.
  7. D

TPS Fault 41

Here's a photo.
  8. D

TPS Fault 41

Hi Sideshow, The 1uz has a supra 5speed. The car's a 74 HJ coupe. You've helped me before.
  9. D

TPS Fault 41

Ok, no replies. Have given up on the standard ECU and have purchased an Adaptronic. Will have a go at installing it when it gets here.
  10. D

code 41 & 47 limps @ 1900-2200 RPM's

Sorry to hear you are still having trouble. My ECM is also having trouble with its TPS circuit but in my case its the IDL only reading 1.4-2.0 volts. Maybe this part of the ECMs are starting to fail due to age and the fact they are 12volt circuit ?. I'm thinking going to a stand alone ECM. I...
  11. D

code 41 & 47 limps @ 1900-2200 RPM's

Hi, did you end up sorting out your problem ?
  12. D

i pulled the codes 21,24,28, and 31:(

Hi, looking at the wiring diagram they seem to share a common grounding point ( right side rear cylinder head). Try cleaning ground contacts and if that doesn't work check for broken wires (with multimeter to start with). Hope this helps. Andrew
  13. D

TPS Fault 41

Hi guys. My UZ powered Monaro has been going strong for about 5 or so years now. The only real problems have been an having to replace an ECM about 2 years ago. Now I think my second ECM might be dieing as well. If I stab the go pedal the engine will rev to 3500 to 400rpm then cut...
  14. D

Parts PARTS CLEAN OUT

Did you get my pm?