Recent content by drew-8888

1. D

1UZ-FE Kombi !

Madness, love the van and the conversion. good to see another south aussie on the forum. mildrens is right next to my work, if i'd know it was on the dyno i would have loved to sneeked a look! I did hear a sweet v8 belting around the block a couple weeks ago, i thought it may have been an X5...
  2. D

Engine Freshen Up

Exactly what i was after for my donk before i try to squeeze it into the EJ Wagon! my bro is convieniently located in Canberra too. Could be a project for him as he's planning a trip back to Adel soon. Can anyone give a heads up on specific items to round up? cheers Drew
  3. D

1uz into 67 Hr Holden

It sold quick! I saw it on ebay while i was at work, then logged onto it later on and it was already sold! well done!
  4. D

1uz into 67 Hr Holden

haha, yeah i hear ya, no offence taken. im not afraid to get dirty, and have quite a few mates in the metal trade who can give me hints and tips to get me started with the metal work. I know there is gunna be custom fab, but i will also be utilising some off the shelf stuff for the conversion...
  5. D

1uz into 67 Hr Holden

not sure if my yr 9 metal work class skills extend quite that far! plus it must satisfy the engineer! let me loose with a soldering iron and the wiring and that is my domain (electronics techo by trade) but i was quite into my lego and mechano when i was a kid, so im happy to bang it all...
  6. D

1uz into 67 Hr Holden

very tidy nick! Im going to use CRS's crossmember set up, so not sure how high that will sit and whether header width will be a concern. cheers Drew
  7. D

1uz into 67 Hr Holden

Nick, i was down the wrecker today looking at a engines. they had a few 1UZ sitting on the floor, and only one cut which was a VVTi. looking through your thread, i take it your headers were too wide. do you know how wide they were originally, and how wide you had to make them to fit? i saw...
  8. D

1uz into 67 Hr Holden

ahh, scrap the R31 diff idea. i fogot the EJ / EH tranny tunnel is offset to one side, so ill have to get something cut and shut anyway. So does your column shift work ok with the toyota trans?
  9. D

1uz into 67 Hr Holden

a good tip on the R31 diff width! I'll check it out. cheers Drew
  10. D

1uz into 67 Hr Holden

Nick, love the project, looks tough! question regarding your diff ratio...... what rpm is it sitting on at 100km/h with the 3.7 ratio? I've got a diff from a VS ecotec which will be getting cut and shut to suit my EJ Wagon. Will run the standard commo 3.08 open wheeler to begin with and I...
  11. D

Seller Feedback The Castlemaine Rod Shop

Gday Glenn, so is it business as usual? Im currently doing research on a 1UZ conversion into my EJ Wagon. trying to round up a crossmember and rack for change over purposes now. cheers Drew