Recent content by dewme5

1. D

Standalone ECU best stand alone for 1uzfe with headers and OBX ITBs

I've got several posts for using the MS3/MS3x. It's a pretty easy setup really. Nothing special needed. I've got way over 10k miles on mine with no problems. As for what is best? That depends on what you want, and what the tuner wants.
  2. D

ECU compatibility

If you are swapping heads, I doubt the stock computer will work. Flow rates are different. My stock ECU needed the capacitors rebuilt, which put me half way to a Megasquirt ECU in terms of cost. The trans can be controlled by an add on module, but I understand not wanting to go through with...
  3. D

engine swap

This engine will run very smooth, but lack heaps of power, if one coil is not working.
  4. D

1uzfe rapid idle issue.

Air has to be coming in somewhere. If it's a rhythmic fluctuation, then definitely IACV. If it's inconsistent, then it's a leak somewhere else, and that can be aided by a bad plug, wire, or injector. You say the after replacing, there is a rapid idle, that is certainly indicative of a vacuum...
  5. D

Standalone ECU Megasquirt info for 1uz

Here is the IAC thread. http://msextra.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=134&t=46607
  6. D

Please post your .msq when you are finished tuning. I also have a IAC wiring thread on msextra.com Two different methods, with settings.
  7. D

1uzfe Cooling Question

I've got the 1UZ in a Nissan hardbody. - mini truck My cooling system is a large but thin stock radiator from an 88 toyota supra non-supercharged. The fan is a stock fan from a Ford 6 cylinder, and I only have low speed wired up. I live in Florida, so average days are 90 degrees, and a heat...
  8. D

Need Engine Info

To put you at ease some, these engines have very long life's. I pulled mine from the junk yard at 240,000 miles. Knowing what I know now about this engine, I would do it again. If it's not the original engine, and an honest seller, you are not going to have luck figuring out the mileage on...
  9. D

I'm on MS3, but I'll help anyway I can. Also, are you on msextra.com? There are a few 1uz's on that site, and all megasquirt specific information.
  10. D

1uz misfire/idle surge/fuel consumption

Fix the known issues before trying to resolve this further. Cracked o2 = extra fresh air leaking in = registered lean condition, so dump more fuel. So rich plugs start fouling. O2's are much cheaper then the damage that can be done without fixing it.
  11. D

T66 second opinions welcome.

It seemed right. But for the money, I'm thinking I should just save my pennies and get the right one. A new turbo, is 2x the money, but that's a new turbo. New tech, no unknown damage, can get the flanges I want.. etc etc.
  12. D

T66 second opinions welcome.

I'm ordering parts for putting in the R154 sitting on my garage floor. Shopping around, picking up a few little tidbits, and I stumble across a Garret T66 for $400. .70A/r compressor, .81A/r T4 exhaust. From what I can gather, this fits my needs pretty well. 1uz R154 3.91 LSD rear...
  13. D

Standalone ECU 1uz timing maps

Good stuff, thanks for contributing. Anyone else have stuff to add? I'll knock down the top bit of mine, and increase the idle area some. Once I put on my twins, and the R154, I'll hit the Dyno, but right now, it's just an easy going daily driver.
  14. D

Standalone ECU 1uz timing maps

I'm running a Megasquirt MS3/3.57, and its performing great. I have several stages of plans, so needs are going to change. I'd like to get people to post their timing settings for whatever tune they have, regardless of ECU. If you have had good luck with it, post it up and help create a...
  15. D

Standalone ECU 1UZ suddenly feels underpowered, but everything seems ok?

Way late to the party. I'm over in Panama City, and running a MS3. Anyway, are both coils functioning? With one coil out, the engine will still be super smooth, but it will be very sluggish.