Recent content by dantheman85

1. D

Ls400 engine and box swap

Hey people, I've been away a while. I've pulled the engine and auto box from a 1992/3 ls400 and put it into something that was auto already.. it has a running issue which sounds like the caps in the ecu have failed.. My question is.. if i wanted to use an after market ecu to control the engine...
  2. D

Manifold swap

I've cut away at the intake pipe and it "just" clears the seat. It works but it isn't very tidy, hence wanting the front tbh manifold.
  3. D

Manifold swap

Interesting thought but I'll have the same issue on the passenger side, this is why I was interested in the front centre mounted tb of the 430.
  4. D

Manifold swap

Hi guys. Got a mazda bongo with a 1991 1uzfe, I'm struggling with the intake clearance under the drivers seat. Which engine has the forward mounted t/b and will it bolt on to my motor? I think an ls430 has the intake I'm after. Cheers. Dan
  5. D

1UZ FE into Jaguar series 2 .. Help !

If it'll take the 4.2 6 pot or the 5.3 V12 you may find the sump will clear the subframe anyway as there is a fair old distance between the subframe and the bulkhead. Any chance of some pics? Dan
  6. D

LS400 wiring head ache.

Bit of an update. Got it all sorted. There are a fair few wires that I don't need but I'll leave these in place until I've been able to road test it to make sure I definitely don't need them before I thin the loom out. I did have one odd running fault. It would flood itself, by this I mean the...
  7. D

V8 Side Pipes.

Hi All, Im very nearly done with my V8 conversion in my Mazda Bongo/ Ford Freda. I've got some 60" side pipes to run up each sill and it must be de-cat'd as the cats dont leave enough room for my gear selector cable. Question is, do I need an X pipe or will the Lexus V8 run ok without it. Im...
  8. D

LS400 wiring head ache.

Yea, I knew the 28 pin ecu plug would be important, its the other 3 or 4 plugs that were behind the ecu when i removed the loom.
  9. D

LS400 wiring head ache.

Lexus shop manual I downloaded the VSM from http://www.emanualonline.com/ for about £10. Its spot on for my ecu wiring. It also has torque settings and all the other useful info you would expect from a VSM. Im currently still in the dark as to what is in those multiplugs that go from the engine...
  10. D

LS400 wiring head ache.

I do apologise. You're dead right. God knows why I said 34, it is indeed 28 pin. While most of the colours match, there are some differences. I just need to find out if these are important differences.
  11. D

LS400 wiring head ache.

thanks Thanks for the speedy reply, but those diagrams do not match. My 34 pin plug has the rear O2 sensors on pins 2 and 3. This plug runs the ecu into the body loom so its also not likely to have injector grounds in it. Surely someone has seen this particular ECU before. Dan
  12. D

LS400 wiring head ache.

Hi guys n gals. I'm sure this has been asked and answered a thousands times before, but I cant find the answers I need anywhere. I've got an LS400 1uzfe 1992/3 with a 89661 - 50160 ecu. No immobiliser. 34 pin, 22 pin, 16 pin and 28 pin plugs. Its the 34 pin I need a diagram for. I've seen a...