Recent content by cthommes

1. C

Idle increases once driven

Thread resurrection-- I'm having this exact same symptom in my otherwise fantastic swap project (using a 92 SC400 Engine/ECU/Trans). Any new developments or was a cure ever found?
  2. C

1UZFE into Ford Sierra XR4x4

Thanks, that seems to be a common comment, and IMO is one of the highest compliments one could expect to hear about their engine swap. Yes, I kept it auto with the Lexus trans to get through BAR. I asked the ref about it, and he confirmed a manual transmission would make approval a...
  3. C

Here's a couple pics, one of the car and one of the motor in the engine bay.
  4. C

1uzfe Cooling Question

BWAHAHAHHAHA! And for the record, no I've nevar maed a tippo.
  5. C

1uzfe Cooling Question

Don't listen to this guy, he has no idea what he's talking about. Obviously a Merkur XR4Ti is not 3.5 inches tall. :rolleyes:
  6. C

If anyone's interested in any of this thread still, my 1UZ swapped XR4Ti is up and running, CA BAR approved, smogged and tagged. Still just trying to iron out a few more nit-picky quirks, but it runs and drives fantastic.
  7. C

Parts 93 SC400 motor

Do you have the vacuum pipes that bolt to the top of the intake manifold?
  8. C

Cars For Sale For Sale: 92 sc400

Is this car sold?
  9. C

Hi Merkur, I'm getting into precisely this swap. The 1UZFE and A341E auto are going into my '85 Merkur XR4Ti. Overall there are a few things to note that are a bit of a challenge- 1) You won't be able to use your brake booster. I have the late dual-diaphragm booster and it sits right...
  10. C

Early Crown dipstick info needed

Hi all, interested in using the early Crown thru-block dipstick on my swap. Any info and pics of this dipstick style appreciated. Is it just as simple as drilling a hole through the boss on the head? Does the dipstick just run down the oil drain from the head or is there a tube internally in...
  11. C

What a bargain ???

To anyone who needs one, I'll sell you mine for half that price shipped.
  12. C

Parts 1uzfe complete front sump

Just sent you another e-mail about potential trade ideas-- let me know what you've got!
  13. C

Wanted WTB: 90-94 LS400 Transmission wire harness

Never mind, disregard this thread entirely. Thanks!
  14. C

90-92 LS400 instrument cluster dimensions

Can anyone measure the length, height and approximate depth of a 90-92 LS400 instrument cluster (without bezel or dash or anything, just the gauge cluster). I'm considering this as part of my swap and want to get a sense if I can get it to fit in my dash. Thanks!
  15. C

Trade My Front sump for your rear sump - USA

Thanks gixxer, if this trade doesn't happen, I'll hit you up.