Recent content by brock

1. B

No, I ended up selling that turbo to a guy in Australia and he was going to put it on his subaru...

No, I ended up selling that turbo to a guy in Australia and he was going to put it on his subaru wrx. I got to looking into it and it was going to require some creative standalone engine management and it would require some sort of additional controller for the turbo itself. If I had a dyno, a...
  2. B

Starting Custom Headers

I designed some flanges and had local shop water-jet them for me. I have some mandrel bent tubing on order and should start fabrication shortly. 304L stainless steel.
  3. B

xx400 headers

Does anybody know, are the stock exhaust headers the same on all SC400s, LS400s and GS400s? I'm designing a set for my '92 SC that will replace the headers only, keeping the cats, and was wondering if they'll work on other cars as well.
  4. B

SC430 Wheels on SC400

They are from an '08 SC430. Older ones had a bulkier wheel If I space the wheel out at all I would have to roll the fenders and I really don't want to do that. The angle of that pic makes they look further in than they really are. I do plan on lowering it a little, just as soon as I get a...
  5. B

Where to put O2 sensors

That should be fine. I bought a downpipe for my MR2 turbo that relocated the single wire O2 sensor down by about that much and it worked without a problem.
  6. B

Where to put O2 sensors

single wire O2 sensors need heat from the ehaust gasses to get up to operating temp. the further away you put them, the langer it will take for them to warm up and for the ECU to go into closed loop. That's why O2 sensors that have a stock mounting location further downstream have a heating...
  7. B

Honda Radiator on SC400?

Keep in mind that a rad half as wide but twice as thick will actually have less cooling capacity, even though the internal volume may be the same. Front surface area is the most important thing for a radiator. As the air travels through the thickness it heats up and becomes less able to take...
  8. B

Wanted SC400 cats

I'm looking for a set of stock cats, whole, gutted or melted. I just need 'em to make a jig to weld up my own headers. I have a set of manifolds already, just need the cats. I'm located in Iowa, a local set would be great, but I will pay shipping if I need to.
  9. B

SC430 Wheels on SC400

I just put these on today. Fitment is great. I'm running Nitto 555 tires, 245/40 ZR-18 which are the stock size for the 430 and only put my speedo off by 0.1mph at 60, almost perfect.
  10. B

O2 bung thread size?

Anyone know the thread size for the O2 sensor bungs on the SC400? I'm planning on making my own SS exhaust.
  11. B

Think this turbo will work?

It's a VGT (variable geometry turbo). So the vanes are fixed, but there's a collar that moves to change the amount of the turbine being used. Means fast spool, high boost. I will be doing the fab myself. Hopefully it works. But I've also got a pair of T3 turbos and a lysholm supercharger so...
  12. B

Think this turbo will work?

The turbo I got on ebay came in today. Paid $50 for it plus $40 shipping. It's a Holset turbo off of a 2007 Dodge 3500 truck with a 6.7 liter engine. It appears to be in good shape. Spins free and zero shaft play. For once it appears I got a good deal on a good part on ebay.
  13. B

3S-GTE heads on 1UZ-FE?

I know, I just like to explore other options on the road to completion. I'll most likely go the same route as everyone else in the end, but I'm always keeping my eyes open.
  14. B

3S-GTE heads on 1UZ-FE?

Other option I'm looking into is the CSRV Rotary Cylinder heads from Coates International. Very cool tech. And I'd never have to change my oil again, but I still would. http://www.coatesengine.com I've sent 'em an e-mail asking what it would cost. I'll post their response when I get one.
  15. B

3S-GTE heads on 1UZ-FE?

Here's a shot of the side where the cam gears bolt on: Cams: BTW, this is all just theoretical, I'm not in the position to actually set this up right now. Main reason I was thinking about this is because of how big you can make the intake on a 3S-GTE head. Here's a pic: