Recent content by blackdemon_tt

1. B

CD009 swapped GS400 park/drive

It shouldn't impact the AFM, as you're bypassing the transmission ECU, while allowing you to turn on the car, otherwise it would be a pretty paper weight. Hope this helps.
  2. B

Project Thread Oil pan gasket repair

didn't read... it depends if you have enough clearance, you may not need to.
  3. B

Dead battery, not dead battery?

93 SC400 haven't started it in over a month, maybe more. Eitherway new battery about a year old, tried to turn over, no start... it skipped like the battery was dead, so I jumped it, ran it for 30 minutes and turned in for the night. Next morning, same problem, turns over, no start. OK, took...
  4. B

LS400 accidental 24 volts

Would have to agree with @ivan129 step at a time to finding whats causing the short... my thought would be a ground was shorted therefore blowing the fuse... would have my relays checked as well.....
  5. B

Project Thread First Build - 1993 SC4 1UZ

[/MEDIA] Awesome, thank you
  6. B

Project Thread First Build - 1993 SC4 1UZ

Which ECU would you recommend? I may walk down this path if my ECU was to go too..
  7. B

Any experience with elatemfg.com 1uzfe non VVT manifold ?

I've been pondering this myself... Just bumped into some info about supercharging and has attracted my attention, was also lookin at the elate stuff and am planning an M90 vs M112 for now.
  8. B

2005 Lexus rx330 starters good,neutral saftey good now what?

You could try jumping your car via the relay. Understanding testing your starter is that you pulled it out of the engine bay and taking it to a shop to get tested, then you're good. If you feel you could do it, I will have to say I take no responsibility for you trying this and damaging your...
  9. B

Lextremers in Socal Sign In

Damn..... I lived in the Imperial Valley a decade ago... missed the chance..
  10. B

1Uzfe getting hot only at idle

Sounds like a clutch fan type of issue. My Tundra had a similar situation at the border in Mexicali going back to the U.S. and it was like 110 degrees.. I was sitting for 10 to 15 minutes in 1 spot at a time with the AC on at 3/4 way full blast... I noticed my temperature gauge started moving...
  11. B

Fuel pump won't work - but works when 12V applied from battery.

Have you bypassed the fuel ECU in the back seat? I jumped mine and would work fine but then stalls and hard starts returned so I replaced fuel relays and reconnected the fuel ECU, its been a week on this trial and error so far so good. Side note, don't drive with the jump, I did and the jump...
  12. B

1uz starts and dies :/

Maybe start a new post? explaining a bit more. what car is it? is your car swapped? or is it non swapped. Would make it easier to help you.
  13. B

Newbie advice

Depends.. stealership everything is individual parts, like $100 more or less... Felpro aftermarket ones do come in packages with both sides, fuel and spark plugs seals, probably about $50. Edit: forgot rear cam seals is basically a portion of the valve cover gasket, just make sure they're...
  14. B

Newbie advice

That could be a collapsed valve cover gasket, should probably do both sides at the same time. Clean it up and inspect at a later date and time and see if it has been resolved. Best way to verify.