Recent content by bimbo

1. B

waterproof 1uz?

Interested to see the replies to this one as I have a 1uz in a 4wd - not to the same extent as your though looking at the pic
  2. B

Thermo fan efficiency

Not sure how they would fit but a lot of guys doing conversions use falcon twin thermos and shroud (I think it is AU falcon or possibly EF) cheap from wreckers or on ebay.
  3. B

Wanted Wanted: Mythical Rear Sump

I have a spare sc400 motor which I could pull the sump and pick up etc off. The motor is out of a burnt out car so I will have to check that it is all in reasonable nick. I can only do it if you aren't in a hurry as it is right at the back of my parts/project pile (wouldn't be till after...
  4. B

Wanted Wtb: Afm

I am after a AFM to suit a Toyota soarer. I am in Newcastle but willing to pay for postage Cheers James
  5. B

Digital instrument cluster

I am building a hilux with a 1ux and a few other bits and pieces and as mine was originally a diesel I need to change the original tacho to read the 1uz signal. I am also using a gearbox with an electronic signal so I also have to change out the speedo to an electronic one instead of cable...
  6. B

Have I got it right

I have wired up the relays pretty much as described in my initial post, I think the only thing I changed was pins 87 and 87A on the fuel pump relay and it starts and stops all on the hilux key the way it is supposed to.
  7. B

horrible noise identification...?

Complete stab in teh dark but what sort of condition is the harmonic balancer in? could it be slipping?
  8. B

Have I got it right

Searching on here trying to find info and sort out wiring I found this comment a few times form someone who has wired up a number of cars and 1uz's i never run injectors or ignitors of a relay the ecu has 2 power systems one is efi relay other is power to inj/coils/ignitors all one wire...
  9. B

New 1uz hilux guy from tassie.

I am sorting out the wiring at the moment. I am going to make up my own mounts but mine will be differant to yours as mine will all be sitting on a gq patrol chassis so I get coil spings on all for corners as well as bullet proof drivelines - I am also using the 4.2L petrol gearbox. Cheers...
  10. B

New 1uz hilux guy from tassie.

G'day I am int he process of putting a 1uz (toyota soarer motor) into a 1990 ln106 sr5 body. There is plenty of info out there especially into hilux's. I am still trying to get my head around the wiring side of things at the moment. Cheers James
  11. B

Have I got it right

any suggestions on how I should be wiring these relays?
  12. B

Have I got it right

Haynes and Gregory's are both workshop manuals and are about $50-60au. I have bought one for just about every car I have owned. Great for just knowing the order of dismantling and reassemble parts as well as torque specs etc. I am not sure how detailed the wiring diagrams are though for 1UZ's.
  13. B

Have I got it right

HAHA, my wife is due to drop in the next few weeks so I don't have to worry about the whole short skirts and no nickers issue if I ever get the engine going. I was thinking of getting a Gregories/haynes manual for a soarer which should have some more info on wiring diagrams but will check them...
  14. B

Have I got it right

My ecu number is 89661-24220 and I think it is out of a 92 or 94 soarer. I searched and it looks like the ecu is from 91-94 soarers. I have been using the 1992 Lexus sc400 diagram and most I the wire colours and locations seem to be the same. Is there a better diagram I should be using? I...
  15. B

Job? What do you do?

I work for a consultancy company as an Emissions/environmental scientist.