Recent content by bigwebb83

1. B

Piggyback ECU Tuning Solution for basic A/F and timing control on 2UZ-FE?

This is what I want to do. I want to get it installed because I lack the confidence in my abilities to take that on myself. I would like to maybe throw a base tune on it and then tune it myself conservatively. How hard do you think this would be for me? I do have some limited experience...
  2. B

i already talked to one guy who deals with megasquirt tuning and he said he;d be interested in tuning it but not installing it. thats not promising. any repudable shops in the kansas city area anyone could recommend for a job like this?
  3. B

what is involved with the install? Is it something I could do myself with limited experience or would I need to have someone else do it?
  4. B

Any idea where to get a megasquirt installed and tuned on 2uzfe 4runner in KC?

I'm in kansas city and am looking to possibly use the megasquirt standalone to tune my 4runner. Anyone have a recomendation of a good shop?
  5. B

is there anyone on here who has experience tuning the 2uz on this platform?
  6. B

thanks for that input. I'll deffinitely look into it.
  7. B

Looking for a relatively in expensive tuning solution to tune my 2UZ-FE. Wont be doing any forced induction or anything. Just some basic intake and exhaust type stuff at best. I just want to dial in a vehicle specific tune to maximize my output and fuel efficiency. Any recommendations would...
  8. B

What can I get out of my 08 2uzfe 4runner with some basic tuning?

and 14.7 is the target when not under load. When you start to accelerate a/f takes a nose dive and often times is overly conservative.
  9. B

I have experience with a boosted 350z running a utec engine management which is a piggyback. It maintained rock solid air fuel ratios and timing. I've heard of the ecu fighting back and forth with cheaper solutions that aren't actually a piggyback ecu controller such as the apexi safc but I...
  10. B

I plan on tuning myself. I'm not planning on anything extreme. Just some basic A/F tuning and maybe a little timing.
  11. B

thats what im looking for. ive already done the maintenance myself including the k&n filter. I may do an exhaust but I mainly just want to get something to control a./f and timing and try and improve my power throughout the curve to a safe extent and see if i can pick up any mpg's.. is there...