Recent content by BigSteve

1. B

1st Gen (UCF11) with Exhaust Cut out Valve

Decided to see if one would fit, and what it would sound like. Feels a bit more powerful down low with the valve closed. But who knows what a Dyno would say, I'd be interested in getting it dyno'd actually before the car sells. With the Valve open, I can't tell. It's just really bloody loud...
  2. B

Exhaust Merging options and Scavenging

The Latest experiment.
  3. B

Hilux Double cab 1uzfe, Exhaust advise.

When I went from a twin system with balance pipe to a Y merge I noticed the power smooth out. Felt like I got some torque back from the balance pipe only system but it was also a bit quieter (butt dyno speaking). I posted a video in the exhaust thread with the 2 diff setups and the sound. I...
  4. B

Well long time no see! I've finally been able to reset my password. Someone new took over the forums? Anyhow I threw together a video that shows a bit more specifically the exhausts I used and how they sounded. I have a nicer condition Ucf11 now (cf pack) so this motor will probably be coming...
  5. B

I need something more like a Haltech platinum so I can raise the Rev limiter for those cams. I don't know if SAFC-2 will do it? I was planning on a Haltech PS1000/2000 also with mafless, removing the MAF is 10-15 hp gain itself I was told by a few people.
  6. B

http://youtu.be/0Rl628DAqGY Finally got a clip of the current setup. Tips aren't straight unfortunately.
  7. B

Need some advice, oldschool sound needed

Sorry to say it mate, but I don't think you'll get the sound you want from a 1JZ, the old school slapping comes from unbalanced pipes on V-engines due to the firing order. With all the exhaust coming through the same headers it's not going to get that old school sound, using a balance pipe of...
  8. B

Yah I would love to take out the middle muffler but I live in a block of apartments, and the noise would be far too loud for my neighbours, even if it did sound really nice. If I just replaced that with a pipe (providing the 2 y sections are ok) then I still need to find mufflers for the back...
  9. B

I haven't had a chance to jack it up yet, bit too low to get under and have a look. This muffler (for the middle) was the only solution apparently as mine wouldn't fit without hanging too low (I think it would have only just fit) but he mentioned when I first got there he didn't like using...
  10. B

Well, as much as I've been trying to convince myself that I like the new exhaust, I'm just not feeling it. It does have a nice sound at certain RPM, but it's still not the sound I was after, not sure if it's the setup or just the Genie Hotdog style muffler in the center, but it sounds a bit too...
  11. B

Sounds like they did the Job! My celsior is starting to act strange, running super rich when cold and sputters if I try to take off before it's warm. I think the ECU is getting confused, need to reset it I guess. Seems as though it's using some oil also, I had to top it up not long ago.
  12. B

I discovered the Y-pipes I supplied are still in the boxes in my car, I have no idea what sort of merges the guys at the shop used until I can get under my car to have a look.
  13. B

It's possible, I'll have to drop in to the shop sometime soon and we can have a look see, extractors would be a nice addition if it wasn't such a head ache in these things
  14. B

Well the new exhaust is done, It sounds far more exotic now with the new set up, and I gotta say I really like the sound of it under load, but the cammed idle has quietened down a load. The power curve has changed, where as I used to feel a surge of power at 3500 rpm, I can't quite feel that...
  15. B

Looks like the guy sent my the wrong damned Y-pipes, Too bloody expensive to send em back to the US and order new ones now..