Recent content by Bhogg

1. Bhogg

Aftermarket Thermostat

Cheers Gloveman Thanks for your time and help it’s greatly appreciated
  2. Bhogg

Aftermarket Thermostat

Hi All I’m trying to find a thermostat that’ll open at a lower temperature then the stock 82 degrees Celsius. If anyone can please help me out that’d be greatly appreciated. Cheers
  3. Bhogg

Imported 1uz-fe Engine

Hi Mate Yes all theses things have been checked and everything seems to be working as it should. Yes it’s very sluggish compared to my Hilux with the exact same setup apart from the Hilux had a 5 speed manual!, so I expect the auto to be a slug box which it is I’ve had it on the Dyno and all...
  4. Bhogg

Imported 1uz-fe Engine

Hi It’s got the stock diesel radiator. And not much more I can add about the setup that I haven’t mentioned in the original post above. I haven’t got a temp gauge with temperatures on it apart from the standard temp gauge, but I’ve had to stop many times due to it overheating!, I had the Exact...
  5. Bhogg

Imported 1uz-fe Engine

I had the exact same setup in my Hilux for 15 years and never had any problems at all. So this is why I’m at a loss.
  6. Bhogg

Imported 1uz-fe Engine

Hi All Please Admin if this post is better located to another area please do. Cheers I’ve currently got a Toyota 4Runner with an imported 89 model 1uz engine in it. It’s an 89 model engine so exactly how long the engine has sat around for is anyone’s guess,. My problem is I’ve got a bad over...
  7. Bhogg

1uz-fe Auto box 1st gear kick down??

Cheers Gloverman I’ve got nothing on my tailshaft, so not exactly sure what that means?. Just a pity there wasn’t an easier way to make the auto crack a bit harder, So is it worth me trying a latter ecu or how will I tell if I’ll fit and if it will fit what exactly will this achieve?. Cheers
  8. Bhogg

Ok thanks Do you know if the gen 2 ECU’S work in the gen 1? And if so is it just a simple swap? Cheers mate
  9. Bhogg

Ok cheers Gloverman so I’m guessing that kicks it back to first gear then? Thanks mate
  10. Bhogg

Hi All Just wondering if the 1uz-fe Auto box is meant to kick back/drop down from second/third gear to first gear? Due to my engine and box being put into another vehicle I’m wondering if there is something missing that makes it kick back to first or not!. I’m guessing there would be as it’s...
  11. Bhogg

Do the 1uz engines have a Rev limiter while out of gear?

Hi All I’m having an interesting issue with not being able to open my throttle while in Park or Neutral!, it won’t Rev over 2700Rpm to me this seems very unusual as I’ve never owned a vehicle that’s done this before!, So if the throttle is opened and I try to Rev it over 2700Rpm it’ll Rev to...
  12. Bhogg

Are any 1uz engines Rev limited in Neutral or Park??

Hi All I’m having an interesting issue with not being able to open my throttle while in Park or Neutral!, it won’t Rev over 2700Rpm to me this seems very unusual as I’ve never owned a vehicle that’s done this before!, So if the throttle is opened and I try to Rev it over 2700Rpm it’ll Rev to...
  13. Bhogg

Toyota 4Runner 92model with a 1uz-fe transplant

Hi Gloverman Ok well I wasn’t aware of that and thanks for that I’ve now contacted the guy about the wiring loom and about the data port and a Rev limiter if there was one installed on it or not. And hopefully I’ll get some answers as I don’t think the econ switch works either but I’m not sure...
  14. Bhogg

Hi Gloverman I’d been told that the early models never had a port inside as you had to take notice of the flashing of the engine light , and the port under the bonnet needs to be bridged with a tool or paper clip , but that’s just what I’d read and been told by the guy who did the wiring...
  15. Bhogg

Hi Gloverman Thanks mate for your input it’s greatly appreciated!. I thought it was a bit strange that it was doing this just in Park n neutral and it happens at approximately 2700Rpm. I’ve got no idea personally it was just suggested to me that it might be a inbuilt Rev limiter protection...