Recent content by Axis of Evil

1. A

Thanks

Growing old didn't take as long as I thought it would. Got too old to be grovelling around under cars. Sold my 3UZ 928, and TriumphTr7 half finished conversion. .Bought a 370Z, probably too close to the ground for my backbone and knees, but I'll live with it for a while' Thanks to all those...
  2. A

Catalytic converters, Scrap value?

So all the precious metals in them depletes with age?
  3. A

Catalytic converters, Scrap value?

What is a fair price to sell these for? I have a couple of mangled ones, 2002 LS430, took them to a scrap metal dealer, They valued them at $20 the pair. As there is a thriving industry in the states stealing these of cars in car parks etc. I figure they could be worth a bit more. I'm in...
  4. A

What is the main kit, part or mod you need that isn't available?

That's further back than a front sump, It's called rear,more mid, but hardly rear. The Sudsy one looks great, but about 7 years to late for me, I had to mod a 3UZ from an LS430 to clear the crossmember
  5. A

Updated: Valve Leaking Problems

"I also replaced all valve stems so that isn't an issue, and i can still feel the air leaking out of the intake and exhaust ports." Replaced the valve stems? or just the seals?
  6. A

Rx7 fc T2 1uz swap

1JZswaps are not too difficult in an RX7, conversion kits available. GREAT ENGINE! https://www.enthusiast-owned.com/1jz-swapped-fd-rx-7-delicious-build/
  7. A

1uzfe vvti, how to ID if has Immobilizer

Toymods thread https://www.toymods.org.au/forums/threads/74879-First-3UZ-FE-conversion-maybe, ( no you got beat- at least two times) posts by Dumbass (Sideshows ID at the time and splatt Me- a long dead cats name. got to get more imaginative when joining forums. :rolleyes: I had a search...
  8. A

I'm referring to factory 3UZ with no immobiliser. They exist. I own one. We had this conversation on Toymods 10 years ago, George. I will see if I can find the thread
  9. A

There are 3UZ ecu's that don't have immobiliser
  10. A

A650E output, Anyone have one?

Found one. the only one listed on ebay worldwide. Bought it.
  11. A

A650E output, Anyone have one?

Sent mine to an engineering shop to be modified to a round 4 bolt to driveshaft setup(tunnel a bit to skinny to run with big rubber coupling. They somehow mashed it to oblivion in the lathe. Anyone have one lying around? I'm on Gold Coast Queensland Australia. Alternatively, anyone know...
  12. A

1975 Datsun 280z, potential 3uz or 1uz vvti swap

I would not use an R154 there is a later variant (AR5? ) that was used in some US cars. At the time I built the "yellow peril" I was swapping notes with a guy building a 240Z with a 1UZ, it apparently was not an easy swap. from memory, lots of cutting to get it to fit. wish I'd kept that car...
  13. A

1975 Datsun 280z, potential 3uz or 1uz vvti swap

If you havn't ever done a swap, start with something easy. 240/260/280Z with 1JZ/1JZ is a real easy one. can be done over a couple of weekends, and makes BIG power. Check my build thread , sticky on Toyota 6 cylinder on hybridz.org...
  14. A

1UZ into Range Rover Classic

^^^ Is this the long version of "too hard" ?