Recent content by aniesigh

1. A

Swapping 1UZ VVTi for 3UZ

Thanks guys for your replies, I do remember hearing that the VVTi's are interference. My plan is to pull the heads from the spare engine and see if/how bad the damage is. If i've got lucky then i will give that motor a freshen up and fit that. Using my old heads with the block of the spare...
  2. A

Swapping 1UZ VVTi for 3UZ

Hi, So i've been running a 1UZ VVTi in my offroader for the last few years, but i've killed the motor (sump got dented up which blocked oil pickup) I'm wondering if i can replace it with a 3uz but retain the wiring harness/ECU etc from the 1UZ (i've only recently bought a new ECU for it from...
  3. A

1uz vvti - bypassing heater

I'll block the hoses then, cheers! George do you have a supply of ecu's? I think I need your services but wouldn't mind a spare Ecu so keep the one I've got and get another from you with raised idle, sub o2's and immo removed! Cheers
  4. A

1uz vvti - bypassing heater

Hi all, have fitted a vvti 1uz into my comp 4x4 which has no heater so i need to bypass the hoses for it, am i better blocking them both off or connecting them together? have got them connected together at the minute but seem to be struggling to bleed cooling system. (running davies craig elec...
  5. A

Parts Wanted sump

Can't PM you, i have a rear/mid sump from a soarer i'm selling, and i'm in the UK PM me if you like
  6. A

VVTI help to get running stand alone

Sorted....Had cut the 12v power feed for AFM and other things, which was causing the very poor running, one of the immobiliser wires had broken on a sharp edge whilst trying to sort the poor running, hence the non start. Thanks to George_R for all the help via PM
  7. A

i wonder if the two problems are unrelated, will it limit at a lower RPM if the ecu thinks its in neutral? where is the fuel pump resistor located on a vvti ls400? will add this in to eliminate it being the problem/part of the problem. *edit...found fuel pump resistor and connected it as per...
  8. A

Oh and immobiliser transponder still connected, with key in barrel
  9. A

Hi, i am in the process of sorting the wiring in my VVTi car getting ready to remove the engine (want to get wiring sorted before i remove so i know it should run when its back in its new home) Now i have got the loom nearly sorted, but at the minute it starts then gradually dies after a few...
  10. A

Adapting a ZF 4hp-24 to the 1uz

Hi Guys, Am after some advice/info, I have a 99 VVTi 1uz complete with the A650e 5 speed tranny, and was originlly getting an adapter made to go from the gearbox to a Land rover LT230 transfer box, however it seems i have been let down on the adapter which has brought me back to square one...
  11. A

vvti and non vvti questions

Good to hear :) i never actually bought the VVti motor i was contemplating buying when i started this thread, and have since abandoned the project all together but have also started a different project for which i did buy a complete VVTi LS400 and am planning to run a LT230 behind the 5 speed in...
  12. A

Parts LJ78 transfer box UK 4wd 1uz

4 speed found behind the earlier 1uz's, (A340 etc) what are you wanting it to fit?
  13. A

A650e adapter info needed!

Cool thanks, hopefully someone can shed some light on the one way bearing situation :) Unfortunately the a340 rear end is a slightly different shape and also the gearbox output shaft is larger in diameter. Oh and the speed sensor has a lot more teeth. Once it's in and running I will maybe look...
  14. A

Parts LJ78 transfer box UK 4wd 1uz

for sale i have (in the UK, North Devon) a Toyota LJ78 landcruiser transfer box, this bolts up to the back of a stock ls400 / soarer gearbox to get 4wd, This box will mean you end up with both prop flanges offset rather than the rear being central and higher up (as with hilux / hilux surf)...
  15. A

A650e adapter info needed!

Hi all , me again! Right so i've got myself a 99 ls400 and its going in my Land rover defender winch challenge truck whether it likes it or not! Now my plan is (for various reasons) to get an adapter made up so that a landrover LT230 transfer box will bolt up to the a650e. I have found a...