Recent content by a.Lpha

1. a.Lpha

New, tring to put a 1uz in a miata

This would be amazing. I'm planning on putting one in a BMW e30 now. The 1UZ is such a great engine.
  2. a.Lpha

How are your 1uz's holding up with Nos

+1 No sarcasm here. Genuinely cool. It's one of the few vehicle types I've really got no experience with, and my god, they look fun!
  3. a.Lpha

1UZ BMW e30

I know it's been done before, and having owned a 1uz and put almost 200,000KM onto it, i need to come back to the amazing engine. I'm literally starting my research today, as I doubtfully will start on this before next summer. As this is the be all end all know everything forum, i figured i'd be...
  4. a.Lpha

Sc500

Been following since day one, keep up this awesome project!
  5. a.Lpha

797,000 km's on a 1996 LS400

I'm selling my LS with just under 400,000KM on it. All original, it burns a small amount of oil on start, but other than that it runs sweet as a mint!
  6. a.Lpha

new guy here with some questions.

I am by no means an expert, but I have an older LS400 that puts just under 300HP to the road with an exhaust, intakes and new injectors. I don't know where you got 230, but the 91 1UZ is rated at 250, not to mention there are countless builds on this forum where they make this v8 into a serious...
  7. a.Lpha

V8 MX-5 Scotland

DUDE, AWESOME SWAP! Funny side not is a friend of mine has a newish mazda 6 with a blown motor, not nearly as exciting, but he wants to do a swap, so we'll be checking out what you do, to see if it's possible!
  8. a.Lpha

Project Thread Can anyone identify this Classic?

I like it! It takes a few looks, but it'll grow on you. Cool find
  9. a.Lpha

Car won't start!!

The starter is only about 5 years old, so it should still be okay, but i'll check it out anyways. I was also wondering if wet distributor caps could have had anything to do with this?
  10. a.Lpha

Car won't start!!

I'm the epitome of amateur when it comes to actually working under the hood. Everything I know i've learnt from this forum. It's taken an exceptionally long time because the problem keeps disappearing then briefly resurfacing, not to mention this is one of three cars I drive so it doesn't get...
  11. a.Lpha

Car won't start!!

I tried to start her up today, and perfect first try, WHAT GIVES!? I drove her about 200km today and no problem what-so-ever.
  12. a.Lpha

Crank but does not fire

Check my thread just down, I've had the same problem. it's the crank position sensor most likley, BMWs have this problem too. I cleaned mine, having some problems still with the wet so i feel that could be a problem too.
  13. a.Lpha

Car won't start!!

I don't know how to bypass the starter I'm afraid, but would the Crank pos sensor have anything to do with this?
  14. a.Lpha

Car won't start!!

We need a delete option on this forum! Well, as I can't delete old posts, I'm just gonna keep stacking 'em. (Admins should let people delete their older posts and this thread would be nice and neat!) Turns out the car actually wasn't starting and it was a fluke that when i showed up it...