Recent content by 65gtmustang

1. 6

1UZ with factory ECU into BMW e30

I built an E36 coupe with a 1uz and ran the stock ecu.Only required minor work to make all dash functions work okay and there have been plenty of E30's done over here and i would imagine the bmw ecu doesn't integrate into the car electronics at all just like the E36.
  2. 6

Standalone ECU Link G4 Xtreme?

Talk to Kelvin (gloverman) on this forum as he uses the link product in his shpo on most of his 1uz conversions needing an aftermarket ems.
  3. 6

code 38 for sc400

in this case the vehicle has had an ecu change from a different vehicle(crown)which has this pin in the ecu but the soarer does not
  4. 6

code 38 for sc400

as suspected its got another ecu from a crown car
  5. 6

code 38 for sc400

thanks kelvin will try to get info from ecu and a photo tomorrow. Cheers Robert
  6. 6

code 38 for sc400

have a code 38 on a 91 sc400(soarer in NZ).Refers to ATF temp sensor but unable to find on the left handside of the trans.Does not appear to be relevant for this model so maybe this vehicle has had an ECU change. Any ideas from the forum
  7. 6

Attention all Howe Bearing user!!

The bearing that is on the Howe unit is flat faced designed for older style finger clutches and some diaphram clutches with the fingers curved for a flat face bearing,you need to use a radius faced bearing for diaprahm pressure plates
  8. 6

1992 SC400 ECU pin out please

Diagrams are still available in the tech articles section.Try this link http://www.lextreme.com/misc.htm
  9. 6

Is the sump flange different on various 1uz's?

with crs rear sump you have to drill and tap two additional holes. cheers Robert
  10. 6

Wiring the LS400/celsior 1UZ ECU without the factory transmission?

I fully agree sideshow,when i put a 1uz into my bmw e36 coupe i just followed the diagrams on this site,traced and tested where the wires went as the colours were different and disconnected all the auto stuff and the car ran perfectly no tricking of ecu required. Its not rocket science but it...
  11. 6

Tri-B---Brads BMW Build

best of luck with build.I'm the guy who built one of these but all the photo's went when the site crashed.PM me if you want to know anything,the E36 is pretty easy swap but you will need a custom rear sump as the factory one doesn't fit. Cheers Robert
  12. 6

Finally Flywheel info

For the cost of modifying an old cast flywheel why dont people just buy a nice billet made one.There are plenty available and the safety factor of not having one explode just dont see the sense in using cast flywheels.Here is a photo of my setup
  13. 6

Yet another 1UZ BMW swap

Well done Glenn,always feels good when you get your car moving under its own power.You dont need the rear oxy sensors to make it run okay.
  14. 6

BMW E30 V8 in the hills!!!!!!

car looks awesome mate Cheers Robert
  15. 6

what does this do? do i need it?

they are for idle up when you use power steer in the stationary position.disconnect if not using power steer and block any ports off on the inlet