5.2L Stroker

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.
Did this ever run?

We did pretty much the same build in the first part of 2006, and it had problems. I offset ground a stock crank to the 1.88" rods and 3.575" stroke and used the same cadillac wet sleeves in your picture only cut down a bit to fit the 1uz block. They were bored out to fit northstar pistons, and we hung 'em on BMW s14 rods. It had problems with the parent aluminum in the block around the base of the sleeves leaking and cracking. A half fill of the block probably would have solved it, but I'm interested to see how yours turned out. We didn't have a dyno, but the power started to drop off at about 6000 rpm... we used the stock 1uz heads, and they need alot more CSA to turn the same kind of RPM a stock 1uz will.

Hi David,

Wonder do you or does anyone already have the 1UZ @ 3.75" - over bore motor running relaibly on boost, preferably say 26 psi up?

Before attempting, I am considering head gasket seal relaibilty. If you look at the 1UZ heads they measure 105mm between water passages, so we only have 105mm diameter of solid metal available, now with a 95.25mm bore only leaves 5mm of rim area on the head to seal against the block liner. Taking into account MLS head gasket tolerance say this becomes critical?? Is it an issue or is it not?

I don't recommend running high boost on the stroker. 10-15 psi would be max. We made 4 and one had a little issue with the sleeves so need to get the block back and re-exam what went wrong. However, I am building one with the iron block and we don't touch the sleeves. Due to the compression height of the pistons NA or low boost application would be the best.

Thanks for the prompt info, any more details on exactly what "little issue" was wrong with those sleeves? BTW I don't mean the stroker version, I just mean an over bore re-sleeve build, so we would have a 4.7L motor and with stock crank. The pistons would be custom and dished to obtain 8.5:1 CR or less.

Thanks Ed,

Interesting, it looks like the big bore sleeve mod is not quite out of the experimental stage. I believe once it is sorted higher boost levels may not be an issue.

Go billet

Pics of our CNC billet 4.7 block - doubt if this will have issues :)

Block_10.jpg

Block_11.jpg

PC

Blown Alky Jap Hemi

Attachments

• Sump & Prelube.jpg
    Sump & Prelube.jpg
    78.6 KB · Views: 30
No, that won't have issues.

But no water passages, 1/4 mile use only, no street use, right?

How much ? Availability?

Block

LA Sleeves will be fitted with o-ring groves.

I doubt if this could be used on the street. I do not plan machining water jackets etc. Once testing and pull down s are complete, will sell around AUS$15,000

PC

Nice, I admire this kind of commitement.

What kind of boost & HP are you expecting to run by going to this level.

In your experience what was the issue with the stock block, head seal? or general block integrity, not enough meat for big studs, block splitting apart etc?

Ever thought about or tried sleeving a 1UZ stock block for 4.7L and then grounting the block.

With this method a half grout could retain steet cooling and with a dry sump oil cooling system to supplement the cooling. Use separate water cooling circuit for block and heads.

Also whilst on this subject, not sure if this would work or cause even more problems; but then taking 5mm of the decks and fitting 5mm permanent steel deck plates before final bore & hone? The deck plate would need to be "o" ringed against the top of the sleeves as well as the heads. Or use alloy deck plates argoned on, with the sleeve's through to the deck face, then "o" ring sleeve tops?

at last...more grunt for our beloved UZ engine!!! cant wait to see the end result...i hope this combo will work fine and reliable for street or race abuse, anyway what was happened to the sleeves? i really want to stroke my 4L to 5.2L...

exciting prospects ... any updates?

Good to see some brain-storming of ideas and challenges to overcome.

The thought of a bullet-proof 5.2 litre stroked 1UZ with no weight increase is niiiiiice ... almost too good to be true? Think I might get the girlfriend to come over ... I'm definitely ready! ;oP

Lex - are you any closer to getting figures from live tests? And any updates on some of the possible issues mentioned?

;o)

We will sell as a combo kit not as a crank by itself. We want to have an error free stroker kit for our members. Selling a crank by itself would give the buyer alot more problems. They is why we offer it as a kit. Unlike some other site ofter only a crank by itself, we offer a complete kit.
4.4L combo would be the followings:
* Stroker Crank
* 8 stroker rods
* 8 forged pistons (with rings and pins)
* Performance bearing Kit
Price: $3,999 with $150 Shipping within USD.

5.2L combo would be the followings:
* 8 Sleeves
* Stroker Crank
* 8 stroker rods
* 8 forged pistons (with rings and pins)
* Performance bearing Kit
Price: $4,800 with $150 Shipping within USD.

Premade Shortblock 5.2L:
1UZFE and 3UZFE Base block Stroker Shortblock $6,250 + $300 Shipping + $300 Core
2UZFE base block Stroker Shortblock: $5,450 + $300 shipping + $300 Core

Our stroker crank is lighter then the early model 1uzfe.
So the strokers are definitely sorted now?
What's the final spec bore & stroke (metric)
Current prices and lead time?

IMO engine break in should be full load. Get the engine to operating temperature and then drive it aggressively. Here is a link to speed talk where it was nearly unanimous amongst some of the highly respected builders posting.

http://speedtalk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=17191&highlight=break

Any updates on the engines performance???

Attachments

• IMG_0220.JPG
    IMG_0220.JPG
    64.5 KB · Views: 256
  • IMG_0221.JPG
    IMG_0221.JPG
    57.7 KB · Views: 243
  • IMG_0222.JPG
    IMG_0222.JPG
    66.6 KB · Views: 245