Standalone ECU AEM EMS driving UZ's

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.
Any updates on this project? I'm currently project planning for a $5500 installed HKS system, but might use a lesser priced system if we could get it to work.

I don't think it would. Right now, that's for the HKS F-Con V-Pro, Custom Harness, DLI, a couple of other items, and all of it installed in my car by a professional tuner. It also comes with all of it's options right out of the box. I think a basic Motec system would cost around the same, and I would have to pay extra for any additional stuff that I would want to have, so it would end up a little more for the same thing. Right now, I've got everything priced out for an AEM that I would want for around $3K.

But if you can show me how it would be cheaper, by all means, show me. I'm always open to other options. Besides, the Motec would be what I would want in the future for my other project...;-)

AEM EMS for 1UZ-FE using a mod'd 30-1100.

I recently picked up a 92 SC400 (HKS HyperMax II's, 19" Axis Penta's, and a custom 3.5" CAI thus far) and I will be modifying a 30-1100 2JZ EMS to go on it so it's plug and play. (no chopping of the harness required, the right way to do things IMHO) 22 of the pin assignments are different between the 1UZ & 2JZ as far as I can tell by my research thus far so the mods required should be relatively easy compared to making everything from scratch. (I'm actually going to be mod'n two of them because a co-worker also has an SC400 and wants one too)

Please wait until I post a "how to" before asking me questions on how to do this, what years will be applicable, etc... Thanks. (Red Supra & cribbj, since you're so close, let me know if you have any last minute questions)

I'd like to have something working here in a couple weeks but this is not an official project so I'm doing it on my own time. I'm also in the midst of doing an RB25DET swap on my S13 so I'll have to find some time here to knock it out.

I plan on providing information on the mods, dyno charts for stock ECU vs EMS, and a startup calibration for a completely stock car with full auto tranny control here so others can duplicate it if they so wish. I'll also try to provide info if people are looking to do a later the engines (2UZ, 3UZ) with the stock 36-2 crank wheel and any VVTi control. The EMS can do cam angle control independently on up to two different cams. It works pretty good on our 350Z drift car and is good for about 100 lb-ft of torque at some points down low vs. the cam solenoids unplugged on the VQ. Please note that because of the extensive mods required, doing any of this will void your EMS warranty.

If there's enough demand, we may sell an EMS specifically for this application in the future, but we'll have to see.

I'll keep you guys posted.

Mitch Pederson

Hello Mitch and welcome; it's a real pleasure to have you here, and look forward to your contribution.

Hi Mitch.

Nice to see you in this forum! I'm the employee of Arnout, from holland.

I'm thinking of hooking up an AEM to my V8. Biggest question is what's the best base to begin with. The 30-1100, 30-1101 or the race version.

Wiring is no problem, opening up an AEM isn't eather :)

Like to hear your opinions.

Cheers,
Edwin.

Hi Edwin,

The 30-1100 looks like the closest to the 1UZ ECU pinout as there are only about 20 pins different and it's the EMS I'm going to be modifying to run my SC400. Hopefully in the next week or two, I'll have my V8 running on the EMS and then I'm going to post a "how to" for other people. I'll keep you guys posted on my progress.

Mitch

I am going to use all the stock parts first, that way, others can benefit without having to change ignition components.

Eventually, it will probably have later XUZ coils of some type or CBR coils with a CDI, I'm not sure yet.

How do you (or do you) plan to make it plug and play for the 2uz vvti motors?

Would a 2uz vvti owner have to use an older SC harness and run additional wires ... or ?

I haven't looked at the newer cars with the 2UZs, as I don't own one, but I'll take a look and see what the differences are and what it would take to get our EMS working on one.

I was told that AEM installed one of your EMS on Stephs Supercharged Land Cruiser or whatever, must have been 2uz powered.
I'm done with my pinout, just hoping someone will do a base map. I got new rings in the motor and really hoping to avoid messing around with it to get a base map done.
I'm glad you're here too Mitch!

Attachments

• 17791822_full.jpg
    17791822_full.jpg
    30.8 KB · Views: 19
thanks for your help mitch. i'm in thailand, and we are doing a E46 eaton supercharcher 1UZ. also a nissan cifero w/ a turbocharged 1UZ. that would be nice to use the 30-1100, the auto trans control is a great. i love the AEM ems i've used it for 5 years now, since i was in the U.S. i would rather use the 30-1100 than the universal unit.

hey guys, started the UZ today w/ the AEM. the engine ran good outside the car. now the supercharger goes on, then the transplant begins. i'll post some pics if you guys are interested. :burnout:

Attachments

• magenta7b.jpg
    magenta7b.jpg
    96.7 KB · Views: 6
Also, would be great if you'd post your cfg file and describe your setup for us.

Injector size, COP's, etc.

Congrats, I think you're the first to fire the 1UZ from the AEM!

thanks for the suport. we started the UZ just to see if it would run first w/ the AEM. i took the distrubitor off and ran it w/ MSD coils.
the coils were ran wasted spark, easier on wiring.
stock injectors, ran in group. again easier on the wiring.
all sensors were stock. we added a toyota MAP sensor. took out the MAF sensor. the final setup will be different though.
264's cams from Kelford, BC valve springs, AEM CDI, 440cc, eaton M90 supercharger, meth inj, and torque converter from Lex.
i'll take some pics, and post them soon.

thanks,
mauioo7