The ECU is activating speed limiter

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

odelarosa

Hello, for some reason, my 1uz vvti ecu is activating the speed limiter at 160 km / h, this did not happen before, I have the engine mounted on a Toyota Altezza with w58 manual transmission, I have reached up to 210 km / h before.

I have no speed sensor in the transmission, the ECU takes the speed signal of the ABS, the car has no problems with the ABS.

Ive only had speed limits on vvti when using the auto trans and have a way around that. Do you have a transmission emulator? If not vvti is likely not working and you will be down on power.

This could be contributing to your issue. Was this engine in this car when you did the higher speed? More info would be helpful. Cheers

Greetings, I have no problem that the engine limits the speed, the problem is that the ecu was taking the speed from the ABS sensor, remove that cable and I have reached about 180km / h, the other question that arises is if the VVT-I would be working, because I disconnected them for a week and the ECU did not throw any trouble codes with the VVT-I actuator, someone once told me that the VVT-I stopped working when the manual transmission was put on, as I can confirm this?

One of the conditions for vvt to operate is a speed input. No speed input no vvti. By feeding the speed input in from the abs you maintain vvti but create a speed cut. Have you confirmed the vvti is presently working? Looking at live data it says on or off?

According to my OBD2 (Torque Pro) scanner, my ECU is receiving a speed signal, however I think it is reading the PID badly since the speed reacts with the RPM, that is, with the transmission in Neutral position I proceed to press the accelerator and my Scanner tells me that the speed goes up even if it is not true, so I understand that you are reading an incorrect PID, because when I have the ABS connected the vehicle does not exceed 140k/h without the connected ABS I have reached up to 200km/h +

The other thing is that I understand that if the ECU does not receive the NCO (+/-) signal, the engine also loses power, I wanted to confirm that and if you have any device to emulate this signal.