P100 pickup with 1uzfe and jag irs

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

zrx-fighter

:confused: :madfawk:
Hi all, thought i would finally start a post on this, im in the process all be it taking some time putting a 1uzfe into a ford p100 pickup old sierra based with the auto box out of a 1991 sc400, also removing the rear axle and replacing it with a jaguar irs system.
I decided to go down this route as i wanted some thing different, im doing it a little different to what some people have done with the sierra, so far i have mounted the engine and gearbox but to sort out the issue of the sump i have removed the bulk head and moved the engine back.
So have rewelded the bulk head in and i know i will have to remake the heater and fan but it will be worth it in the end, now started to sort out the rear suspension and propshaft.
Got to work out the wiring yet and where to put the ecu.
So far only taken a few pictures so will try to put them on here and then take some more as i go along.

Last edited:
photos

Here are some photos so far.:cool:

Attachments

• Picture carbs 005.jpg
    Picture carbs 005.jpg
    202.6 KB · Views: 119
  • Picture carbs 006.jpg
    Picture carbs 006.jpg
    196.2 KB · Views: 75
  • Picture carbs 007.jpg
    Picture carbs 007.jpg
    196.1 KB · Views: 60
  • Picture carbs 009.jpg
    Picture carbs 009.jpg
    206.3 KB · Views: 65
  • Picture carbs 008.jpg
    Picture carbs 008.jpg
    187.3 KB · Views: 62
  • Picture carbs 010.jpg
    Picture carbs 010.jpg
    201.8 KB · Views: 58
  • Picture carbs 011.jpg
    Picture carbs 011.jpg
    201.8 KB · Views: 59
  • Picture carbs 012.jpg
    Picture carbs 012.jpg
    196.3 KB · Views: 89
p100 update

:D Well hi every one, just an up date of what ive done so far, now after almost 3 months and 3 operations i can now see and carry on building this thing. Managed to finish the welding the rear jaguar irs in with tie rods and anti climb bars. With a lot of help from my best mate Bert who done a lot of welding for me.
Now need to strip the back suspension off clean and paint it all. Having a sleave made at mo to be able to conect the lexus and the jaguar propshaft together. Will get started on the wiring soon but need to find some info on a 1991/92 wiring diagram so if any one can help. Will add some more photos as soon as ive cleaned and painted the back. :rolleyes::D

Good luck!

As I've said in the other Sierra thread, I'd love to do this as space and my skill increases!
Any pics of the front crossmember, sump and tranny mount would be great!

Keep up the good work!

Hi all been abit since last input, now trying to wire it up, two problems, need wiring plug that fits on back of alternator also require a wiring diagram of how to wire it if any one can help, also need help with the fuel pump ecu wiring and the wiring plug need that as well. would be great if any one can help. Obviously will pay for them. Well so far got the engine turning over on the key now some of the power wired up will be looking at the fuel pipes next and then try to start her up. will try to work out warning lights latter and rig up a crued dash for the moment as not decided how doing it yet as will have to be a custom fit. so if any body can help please get in contact asap. Thanks

Hi all, sorry for the long gap been busy sorting things out, now i need some more help.
got the running basicly sorted so happy with that so far now need help sorting the transmission. keeping the standard soarer auto. what i need to know is how do i get around not having the abs ecu or the speedo from the soarer so will the transmission work or not, if not how can i get around this or wire it up so it does work properly. any help would be good.

Hi all, sorry for the long gap been busy sorting things out, now i need some more help.
got the running basicly sorted so happy with that so far now need help sorting the transmission. keeping the standard soarer auto. what i need to know is how do i get around not having the abs ecu or the speedo from the soarer so will the transmission work or not, if not how can i get around this or wire it up so it does work properly. any help would be good.

The transmission will work just fine as long as the two wire speed sensor on the transmission's end cover near the propshaft flange is still in place.

sierra

Well been a while but got some more done,
engine bay now cleaned and painted, engine back in and wired up so now starts and runs of the key.
trying to sort out the cooling system now, using a vovlo 440 expansion tank and treying to pipe it same way as original system. but any surgestions would be helpfull, want to add oil cooler as well so if any one knows best way.got to get some spacers made for the antiroll bar need to drop it an inch to clear the gearbox as gone for the original auto box, but now talking to a robotics guy so i can rid of the selector and have a push button system instead, unless some one knows of a different sytem to do this.
If any one lives close and can come and give me some advise that would be great.
Thanks all :D

Well been a while but got some more done,
engine bay now cleaned and painted, engine back in and wired up so now starts and runs of the key.
trying to sort out the cooling system now, using a vovlo 440 expansion tank and treying to pipe it same way as original system. but any surgestions would be helpfull, want to add oil cooler as well so if any one knows best way.got to get some spacers made for the antiroll bar need to drop it an inch to clear the gearbox as gone for the original auto box, but now talking to a robotics guy so i can rid of the selector and have a push button system instead, unless some one knows of a different sytem to do this.
If any one lives close and can come and give me some advise that would be great.
Thanks all :D

Hi Jason,

I'll get in touch after the weekend, and drop by after work one evening if thats ok.

If you're robotics guy cannot sort out a system ATP Electronics at Cannock Wood Industrial Estate do a really neat flappy paddle auto gearbox controller that would work although its probably a bit expensive. May be worth a chat though.

Cheers,

Tony

:confused:Hi all, been away for a bit doing other things but thought would up date on this build. will get some picks on in the next few days.
i have now got the engine and gearbox in fitted it now runs and is almost complete running in car, the engine bay and outer cab is now painted so have started to fit the interior out. at the moment i am fitiing elec window door mirrors and remote central locking, all will be completed in the next week.
had some issues with the front suspension as the gearbox sits on the anti rollbar so had to get rid of that and now have compression struts in place, this is all because i am running a rear sump setup and had to push the engine back to miss the cross member. still got to find an antiroll bar that i can use and run it round the front of the engine and conect to the lower tca's.
making the exhaust flanges at the moment as got rid of the cats, still have to finish off the dash clocks using some dakota lcd clocks and modifying them to fit inside the ford dash should look nice when done.
there is one thing that you all might be able to help with, i cannot get the fuel pump relay to work or the engine managment light. i have looked at the wiring diagrams i can get my hands on but all seem to be for different years than the one i have. it was a soarer jap import i think 1991. can get the ecu number latter if that would help any one but it has the three plug type. engine starts and runs great but would like to finish these parts off so can tell if any codes.
Cheers J :confused:

power steering pump pressure

Hi all can any one tell me what the working pressure is for the power steering pump used on a soarer v8,
need info as trying to connect to a sierra rack that takes about 90 bar.
got it all hooked up but it keeps blowing feed hose of, not sure if it putting to much pressure threw rack or if the rack is blocked.
Any help wouyld be great.

I dont know the pump pressure but as far as I am aware the rack should have a reed valve in it that controils the amount of pressure in the rack. So any excess pressure should just bleed off into the return line.

Sounds to me like the reed valve is stuck.

Cheers,

Tony

Sorry, i have no ideaof location as I've never had a Ford rack apart. As a second thought, have you got flow and return the right way around?

Cheers,

Tony

Hi all again, been away doing more getting there slowly, need some info with regards the ecu number is 89661-24220, 40,40,40 pins.
trying to get the engine check light to work,the fuel pump ecu and trying to stop it from flooding it self on a regular basis. which means I have to clean all the plugs to get it to start again. any body got any help.

Don't bother using the fuel ECU, just wire the fuel pump using a 30a relay connected like this:

Pin 30.......to pump.
Pin 85.......to ignition 12v.
Pin 86.......to engine oil pressure switch.
Pin 87.......to crank wire @ ignition. (12v only when key is held in engine cranking position.)
Pin 87a.....to ignition 12v.

If the engine stalls such as in an accident for example, the fuel flow is stopped.

Quick and easy engine check light.....
Bridge the E1 and TE1 terminals as normal, but plug in an LED as well.
Long leg of the LED goes into the 'W' terminal and the shorter leg into the 'E1' terminal. No resistor needed, just switch on ignition.

Picture071_zpsdcc7edfb.jpg

p100

Cheers for the quick reply will try the engine light at week end, got the fuel pump wired as you say already, the problem is that I can have it running for 30 minutes reveing it up so not just ticking over and gets up to temp. but then I can run it like that a few times but come to it again and it is flooded so have to clean all the plugs before it will start again. any sugestions.
cheers in advance